LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Forcing it to Crabtree?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
Good!
it's called having a #1 receiver. you gotta get him the ball. you're just used to us throwing it to our old #1's like bryan gilmore, johnnie morton, brandon lloyd, cedrick wilson, antonio bryant, isaac bruce, and josh morgan. the last 3 are decent but not #1 receivers
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
Where's the YAC? He's had plenty of chances to break away from defenders after catching it. I like Crabtree but I just don't see the big play ability yet.

Plenty of chances? He is swarmed as soon as he touches the ball because he usually makes great catches in tight coverage.... Oh, and why don't you go see your boy Lloyd with the Broncos! And... I'm 27 and know plenty about football. I played HS all 4 years and am a coordinator for our football program here! The fact that you are a dumbass can bee seen by anyone; regardless of age!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Where's the YAC? He's had plenty of chances to break away from defenders after catching it. I like Crabtree but I just don't see the big play ability yet.

Plenty of chances? He is swarmed as soon as he touches the ball because he usually makes great catches in tight coverage.... Oh, and why don't you go see your boy Lloyd with the Broncos! And... I'm 27 and know plenty about football. I played HS all 4 years and am a coordinator for our football program here! The fact that you are a dumbass can bee seen by anyone; regardless of age!

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
that first catch was a thing of beauty! Called incomplete or not, it was beautiful the way he grabbed it and managed to touch both feet in bounds. Stupid refs.

that was a catch

reminded me of this catch:

Originally posted by MSteitz468:
one thing i am mad at though is crabtree needed to make that catch near the goal line on 3rd down right before nedney missed that FG

Yup that's a catch playmakers make.

The kid is a playmaker. That throw was horrible. Behind and outside, while he was running deep and inside with no safety to be seen.

Have you seen the catches he's made on the sideline? The first play of the game for example, which I was convinced he had reeled in?? The kid has hands!

I think that ball hit him squarley between the one and the five, that was a perfect throw.

You are right... I thought he meant the deep throw that was intercepted for some reason...
one thing i am mad at though is crabtree needed to make that catch near the goal line on 3rd down right before nedney missed that FG

The kid is a playmaker. That throw was horrible. Behind and outside, while he was running deep and inside with no safety to be seen.

Have you seen the catches he's made on the sideline? The first play of the game for example, which I was convinced he had reeled in?? The kid has hands!

I think that ball hit him squarley between the one and the five, that was a perfect throw.

You are right... I thought he meant the deep throw that was intercepted for some reason...

You were wrong, once again proving you calling someone a dumb ass irrelevant.
well it's working because it looks like we're going 11-5
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The reason why Crabtree doesn't have YAC yet is because we're not getting him the ball in SPACE. He's always surrounded by three or four defenders when he catches it and doesn't have the space to make any moves. Be patient, YAC will come.
Originally posted by crzy:
The reason why Crabtree doesn't have YAC yet is because we're not getting him the ball in SPACE. He's always surrounded by three or four defenders when he catches it and doesn't have the space to make any moves. Be patient, YAC will come.

Which goes to show the ball is being forced to him in some cases (not all), even tho there's so many defenders around him . Like I've been saying throw him the ball, but let's use the guy with a little bit of football game planing. He'll get his touches but let's create some plays that will force defenders (which seems to be happening already) to worry about him, and with us knowing that get the ball to someone else. Is that too much to ask for? NorCal dude your a football coordinator, so is Jimmy Raye what's your point?

[ Edited by Goldtimer on Nov 13, 2009 at 14:17:48 ]

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!
Because a covered Crabtree> Open Morgan

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!

You really don't get it huh? I used Lloyd as an example of someone that also was making great catches which is something you guys seem to AW about. The subject is about forcing the ball to someone not eliminating him from the gameplan. Also it would be best for the team if we did use him as a decoy in some of our plays, to possibly take shots downfield or just to keep the ball moving.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Because a covered Crabtree> Open Morgan

/end thread

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!

You really don't get it huh? I used Lloyd as an example of someone that also was making great catches which is something you guys seem to AW about. The subject is about forcing the ball to someone not eliminating him from the gameplan. Also it would be best for the team if we did use him as a decoy in some of our plays, to possibly take shots downfield or just to keep the ball moving.

Share 49ersWebzone