LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Forcing it to Crabtree?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've noticed ever since he got here, they've been really trying to get the ball to him. So my question is. Was this part of his signing, did his contract have anything stating he must get so many looks per game? Are they trying to meet his incentives? To me it just seems odd, I'd rather see the ball spread out. The pick last night, Josh Morgan was wide open on the post. Also a pump fake here and there would help us out a lot. Thoughts?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It was part of his contract.

He must start from day one, and he must get at least 8 passes thrown to him every game.
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
I've noticed ever since he got here, they've been really trying to get the ball to him. So my question is. Was this part of his signing, did his contract have anything stating he must get so many looks per game? Are they trying to meet his incentives? To me it just seems odd, I'd rather see the ball spread out. The pick last night, Josh Morgan was wide open on the post. Also a pump fake here and there would help us out a lot. Thoughts?

He's a playmaker and he gets open. If you've watched any amount of tape since he signed, you'd know he has the ability to get open when other receivers can't.

I realize if you were the Quarterback of the 49ers, you would have thrown to Morgan, but we all can't be fan forum posters and amazing Quarterbacks.
He's the most talented WR we have..>Ever heard the saying "get your play-makers the ball"
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Goldtimer:

He's a playmaker and he gets open. If you've watched any amount of tape since he signed, you'd know he has the ability to get open when other receivers can't.

I realize if you were the Quarterback of the 49ers, you would have thrown to Morgan, but we all can't be fan forum posters and amazing Quarterbacks.

Sure he gets open, he also draws defenders. How can you not gameplan around that and take advantage of it?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
He must get limo rides to the stadium while all other players must take the bus.

I knew it, it's a conspiracy!
He was open. That's not exactly forcing it.
We were going to design our playbook around Moran Norris than we realized it might be effective if we got the ball to a receiver every once in awhile.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
He was open. That's not exactly forcing it.

I remember when Hill started, most of the passes went to Bruce on 3rd down. We knew it was going to him and so did the D. So I'm just saying, if we knew this. Why can't our coaches notice these trends and look to take advantage of those situations and go elsewhere.

[ Edited by Goldtimer on Nov 13, 2009 at 11:07:44 ]
i bet if we stopped throwing it to him you would create a thread about why arent we throwing it to crabtree

The guy is our best receiver he is open most of the time if anything we are not getting him the ball enough

that first catch was a thing of beauty! Called incomplete or not, it was beautiful the way he grabbed it and managed to touch both feet in bounds. Stupid refs.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
that first catch was a thing of beauty! Called incomplete or not, it was beautiful the way he grabbed it and managed to touch both feet in bounds. Stupid refs.

that was a catch
Originally posted by valrod33:
i bet if we stopped throwing it to him you would create a thread about why arent we throwing it to crabtree

The guy is our best receiver he is open most of the time if anything we are not getting him the ball enough

Where did I mention anything about not throwing it to him? I would just like to see him used as a decoy in some plays. The Bears ran a play which I thought was cool and always wanted to see. They faked the bubble screen to Hester and their other WR was wide open I forget who it was, Cutler just over threw it. It was a play that took advantage of how the O knew the D was going to react. It's simple really, and I don't think our OC has a clue on making adjustments to gain an advantage on the D.

that was a catch

I heard the call on the radio, but missed the play. Does anyone have a link to a video?

that was a catch

anyone has a clip of it?
Share 49ersWebzone