There are 169 users in the forums

The Sky is not Falling!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The sky fell after the Minnesota game.
Originally posted by Cuphalffull:
Originally posted by JaaDogg49:
I guess it has come to this . As a Niner fan I am tired of seeing "flashes". Wait a few more years and we will be the NFL equivalent to the Warriors if we already aren't there. If I want flashes with no real outcome I will watch college football. When we were 2-14 it was understandlable, but the team should have their $hit in order by now. I say we keep flashing and getting those moral victories to finish out the year then hire an X's and O's guy like Shanahan to get us really back on track.

We have not had any flashes of greatness for a few years. The pieces are falling into place. The future looks good. There is a lot of talent on this team. Just a few more things to fix (OLINE).

For those who bring up the Titan as being a 1-6 team that we lost to. If you followed football, you would see that they are actually a very good team and just went through a series of unfortunate events. They are a much better team then their record.

But if you want to feel bad, be angry, and cry a river, by all means, knock yourselves out.

I'm sorry...but do you think we can win without a QB??? Are you kidding???
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Anyone who says the sky isn't falling is a fool.

We've dropped 4 in a row, and 5 of the last 6, the latest loss being at home to a team that is 1-6.

We have no QB, and we have no OLine.

The sky is definitely falling.

You got it!!!!!!!!! You only missed the fact that our ownership is a naive 27 year-old....
There is no bright side to 3-5 there is no hope when you lose to a 1-6 team at home and all excitement of playoffs has just been sucked out of us. This is a depressing day to be a Niners fan at least it is for me.
It didn't fall we have yet to take off! There are flashes of potential, but ...... they are just flashes this team needs to catch fire, and fast cause the season is coming to an end soon if they don't!
I guess it has come to this . As a Niner fan I am tired of seeing "flashes". Wait a few more years and we will be the NFL equivalent to the Warriors if we already aren't there. If I want flashes with no real outcome I will watch college football. When we were 2-14 it was understandlable, but the team should have their $hit in order by now. I say we keep flashing and getting those moral victories to finish out the year then hire an X's and O's guy like Shanahan to get us really back on track.

We have not had any flashes of greatness for a few years. The pieces are falling into place. The future looks good. There is a lot of talent on this team. Just a few more things to fix (OLINE).

For those who bring up the Titan as being a 1-6 team that we lost to. If you followed football, you would see that they are actually a very good team and just went through a series of unfortunate events. They are a much better team then their record.

But if you want to feel bad, be angry, and cry a river, by all means, knock yourselves out.

I think you're taking this "cup half full" thing a little too far. We're talking about winning THIS year! We get hit with some untimely injuries, make numerous personnel changes, coaching looking like it needs a reality check during a midseason crisis and now we're reduced from possible playoff contenders to just a mediocre team that has a very slim chance to finish .500. Yes the future could be bright, as we been saying around here for the past 7 years, but this year looks abyssmal once again. The sky IS falling, if you can see clearly from outside the box. The sky is NOT falling, if you just want to be unrealistic, and say we'll be O.K., not to worry. WE ARE THE 49ERS! once a proud franchise reduced to this.

[ Edited by TheCatch on Nov 8, 2009 at 20:29:46 ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
It didn't fall we have yet to take off! There are flashes of potential, but ...... they are just flashes this team needs to catch fire, and fast cause the season is coming to an end soon if they don't!

We've been having "flashes" for 6 years now.

I'm tired of being a "next year" team, we should be winning now.
Originally posted by TheCatch:

I think you're taking this "cup half full" thing a little too far. We're talking about winning THIS year! We get hit with some untimely injuries, make numerous personnel changes, coaching looking like it needs a reality check during a midseason crisis and now we're reduced from possible playoff contenders to just a mediocre team that has a very slim chance to finish .500. Yes the future could be bright, as we been saying around here for the past 7 years, but this year looks abyssmal once again. The sky IS falling, if you can see clearly from outside the box. The sky is NOT falling, if you just want to be unrealistic, and say we'll be O.K., not to worry. WE ARE THE 49ERS! Once a proud franchise.

BAM...could not have said it better!!! I need to put that on a poster or plaque or something.
Originally posted by krizay:
Week 5

Week 9

Quoted for truth.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
A moral victory speech on a 1-6 team.

Continue to cry in your cheerios if you like. I just see things getting better.

7-9 is 7-9

Maybe, how long can MS keep this team together with all the losing. I thought I saw a hint of disgust and lots of fatigue emotionally in the last 5 minutes of the game after 2 straight turnovers. It was like, "What's the use", almost.

If Smith keeps starting I think 7-9 would be a high number, but on the other hand, Hill?? At least he keeps turnovers to a minimum, I wonder how he would do with some version of the spread & WCO?

If they haven't won in the next few games MS has got to get Nate on the field to at least see what has to happen in off-season.

BTW - It fell already.. the sky that is.

Anyone who thinks the Bears game is going to be any easier than this one is fooling themselves.. I don't like the feel of it already...

How is Smith going to play after stinking it up today, how much more pressure do you think he will be feeling, and.. how do you think he will hande the additional pressure?? I mean you would have to say, his career is REALLY, REALLY, on the line now, the honeymoon is thoroughly over..

I don't like it for the Bears.. the injuries too..

Hope for the best...

GO NINERS!!

The sky IS falling. It's over.
I agree that the sky is not falling. I continue to see development as a team. Today we saw another series of steps in the process -

1. Bruce did not play.
2. Hill played.
3. We got into the endzone 3 times.
4. We scored 27 points.
5. Manny Lawson got a sack.
6. A. Smith threw for almost 300 yards.
7. Gore had over 150 all purpose yards.
8. VD had over 100 yards.
9. We were in the game until the end against a team who almost went to the super bowl last year. This team has a good running game, good oline, good defense.
10. We have played competitively with Minnesota, Houston, Indiannapolis, Tennessee. We could have, should have, etc won all four of these games. We are still not clicking on all cylinders as of yet, but were in the game for each of these games and when we have that final piece of awareness that brings us over the hump we will win these four games rather than letting them slip through our fingers.
11. The defense played well enough to win the game except 4 turnovers gave Tennessee great field position and they did not have to go very far to score.

So for me, we did not win, but we are growing as a team. Now Singletary will have to address the P. Haralson issue. Does he leave him in, with little to no productivity, or does Singletary bring in Brooks? That will be the next significant move for the team.
has anyone noticed that somebody posts this same exact titled thread each season. Usually in November too.

Gotta make you wonder, doesn't that mean it already has?

To the OP, all your predecessors have failed before you; what makes you think you will be any different
A moral victory speech on a 1-6 team.

Continue to cry in your cheerios if you like. I just see things getting better.

7-9 is 7-9

Where are we going to get the four wins to finish 7-9?

Alex Smith can't beat the freaking Rams at this point. Heck -- I even think this team would lose to Detroit with Smith at QB. Dude is KILLING US.

As long as Smith is in the lineup? We're staring at a big, fat 3-13 finish.

Drink up the koolaid Smith fans. Apparently, there's a few more gallons at the bottom of the well.
Cuphalffull !!!!!!!! ur high thats all Im going to say
Share 49ersWebzone