LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

The Sky is not Falling!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is Sunday the day for all of the kids to come out in force in NT? I am not normally able to get on NT on Sunday so all this crying and whining is new to me. At first I thought I was in Raider Nation. Negativity, threatening to quit being a Niner fan and Alex Leaf boasting are already going strong.
Reality Check everyone, If you did not expect a game like this to come happen from Alex, you were a homer. Several people called this in NT. Maybe not for this week but it has been said that he would have a game where he would really struggle. What we need to be considering is not if the sky is falling on us but rather how our team reacts to such a performance. Thursday will be a big game in that we will be able to see just how they respond to such a let down.

The reality is that our boys did some great things out there tonight. There were flashes of great plays that we have not been very accustomed to. The reality is that for the first time in a long time, I have hope. For the first time in a long time, I think we have a chance to win any given Sunday. We have a talented team, and Yes, Alex is not that bad, not great but not that bad. I have been a harsh critic in the past but his mistakes are mistakes that can be fixed. With timing, trust in his receivers, and more time from his Oline he can pretty good. Anyway, keep looking for the sky to fall, but I am eager to see how these guys respond on Thursday!!!!
  • ZRF80
You're right. What was I thinking.

Championship...........
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Cuphalffull:
Is Sunday the day for all of the kids to come out in force in NT? I am not normally able to get on NT on Sunday so all this crying and whining is new to me. At first I thought I was in Raider Nation. Negativity, threatening to quit being a Niner fan and Alex Leaf boasting are already going strong.
Reality Check everyone, If you did not expect a game like this to come happen from Alex, you were a homer. Several people called this in NT. Maybe not for this week but it has been said that he would have a game where he would really struggle. What we need to be considering is not if the sky is falling on us but rather how our team reacts to such a performance. Thursday will be a big game in that we will be able to see just how they respond to such a let down.

The reality is that our boys did some great things out there tonight. There were flashes of great plays that we have not been very accustomed to. The reality is that for the first time in a long time, I have hope. For the first time in a long time, I think we have a chance to win any given Sunday. We have a talented team, and Yes, Alex is not that bad, not great but not that bad. I have been a harsh critic in the past but his mistakes are mistakes that can be fixed. With timing, trust in his receivers, and more time from his Oline he can pretty good. Anyway, keep looking for the sky to fall, but I am eager to see how these guys respond on Thursday!!!!

Nice attitude

A moral victory speech on a 1-6 team.
There are always "flashes of good plays" in any season, the key is to learn how to keep the lights on.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

This team was beaten up by the lowly titans...
There were a lot of good things today. For instance, our offense was moving the ball well. We had nice, sustained drives and easily won the ToP battle. Unfortunately, BAD turnovers killed us today.

On defense, we generally had the Titans and Johnson bottled up. However, we let the game out of our hands and were torn up.

If we move the ball that well on offense, limit turnovers, then we maybe win that game.

But first off... I think we put it too much on Alex to win that one for us. He may or may not grow to that star QB, but he's only a serviceable starting QB right now.
At least we have a short week to forget about it.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Continue to cry in your cheerios if you like. I just see things getting better.
I was a glass half full guy until this week. This was a pivotal game against an opponent they should have beaten. With Arizona's two game lead and the short turn this week against an equally desparate Chicago team, the glass does not look half full anymore. It's half empty and I don't think many people will disagree with that.

IT ALREADY FELL.

7-9 is 7-9
I'm losing hope, with all the injuries we're facing and the strength of our schedule in the last half, i could honestly see us finishing 6-10. At this point i think we'd be lucky to get to 8-8. No playoffs, esp. not the way the cardinals have been paying recently.

7-9 is 7-9

Which... sadly enough... is our record from last year.

When you throw in the fact that this is our first year with Raye and Singletary, then maybe that's a mitigating factor. But other teams have produced with first-year head coaches. Hopefully next year, the philosophical problems (pass/run ratio, etc) is smoothened out.

The idea is continual improvement every year. If the last couple years have had 2-14... 4-12... 7-9... I'm fine with that, just as long as we hit 9-7 and eventually the playoffs. At the rate we're going, we'll stay at 7-9.
  • 15crabtre
  • Info N/A
niner talk what is our issue what we need is another wr , db. oline and a dline for us to compete with a playoff off team , shows how much coach sing is showing us , give him a oc , and more players
Share 49ersWebzone