LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 149 users in the forums

My Rant!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by CheapThrill:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
"WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

HELLLLLLLL NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Japanese Bombed Pearl Harbor, Bonsai..

That's an Animal House quote from Bluto (Jim Belushi).

.... I thought everybody knew that

Don't count on it. I have come to believe that some people don't have the capacity to spot sarcasm. It is strange.

And, speaking of sarcasm, Raye's interview was pretty funny. He said he was surprised that the running game wasn't as consistent as it was on some of his past teams. The problem, he went on to say, was that on one team he had Earl Campbell and the other example was Eric Dickerson running behind one of the best lines in NFL history.

Maybe I don't get it, but didn't he just make the argument that his offense is not appropriate for this team?

So, all the very faithful have to wait for is an all-pro running back and an all-pro OL. Should happen any year now. Blame management if they don't draft all these guys because other teams certainly won't be looking for players like that.

That last line is an example of sarcasm.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Dude,

I want to see the same rant the last week of the season regardless of how we do. Root just as hard in December. Try and convince the zone about how good of a job everyone is doing then.

You will see me rant like this more often now. I hold back because I just don't want to just be Mr. Goodie Two Shoes, rah rah shish boom bah...hell, no. But after all the frickin negativity when we are sooooo close to winning just doesn't float my boat! It is a matter of point of view, GM...always has been. I respect your positions and see the points, but you don't blast and see the other side no matter how much you may not agree with it. That's the difference between you and everyone else who just want to harp on the bashing...like they get off on it. To be honest GM, it is not my place to convince anyone...yea good luck with that here in the Zone.

My point is still and will be, why choose to FOCUS on the negative? ID it, argue the point, and move on to root for your team again. Maybe I am asking for too much?

I understand rooting for your team no matter what, and I do too but I don't want to see a "change of heart" if the team starts to lose and criticism mounts. My only problem with threads like this is they seem to go away when things really get bad.

That will never happen with me, GM. You know me enough in here. You know how my tone is during all my conversations to the point and know I am labeled as Kool-Aid man, but I like the Patron analogy better. I always see the positive, I am just built that way with a grounding in fact. I also yell at Raye at times. I also scream at Rachal when he whiffs. I just choose not to focus on it....letting it go.

It's oversimplifying the argument to say those who criticize moves made by the are just "negative" for negativity's sake. There are specific reasons. There are good things they root for also. I'm a big Smith fan and had been rooting for him. However, when I see his effectiveness changed by an OG who can't seem to block over and over and over again, I get frustrated and vent that to see if other Niner fans see what I saw.

As well you should, and I concur. I know your displeasure towards Rachal's seemingly lack in growth in his second year when all the hype was out that he was going to bring "Pancake City". He's just not consistent and I do see him doing well at time, but right now he's inconsistent. IMO, I see the potential and look forward to his development

It doesn't matter what era you remember, we ALL root for our team and simply because we may have a more critical view then some doesn't mean we're just here to criticize. There are always going to be those who disagree with you, doesn't make them less of a fan and because you like "x" group doesn't make you more. I didn't pull as much for Hill so does that mean I didn't want him to win? Of course not. I like many were frustrated with Crabtree, but did I think drafting him was a no-brainer? Of course I thought so and said that repeatedly.

Based on what I read here, you seem to be clumping yourself with those that I am bashing which is not the case. As i said above, you approach the critiquing differently and you do acknowledge the positive. I know where you stand and respect it. And yes, I remember your stance on Crabtree. Heck, I bashed him in my own ignorance. After being enlightened, I immediately changed my tone and welcomed him with open arms...and yes, that pick was a no brainer.

I think that's the problem here at time; you have to accept no matter how persuasive and logical your argument may be, some people will always see the world differently. That doesn't make you better or them worse. It's all a part of being Niner fans and creates a great place where we can debate/discuss our differences.

That's why I come here.

I agree! And, I never made mention of anyone being better or worse. It was a simple question, continue to blast your team and just focus on that? Why not root for them as well while being critical when the time come, like you do. Still, if someone wants to go off on the negative...

... I will be there with my Patron toasting to my team concentrating on the positive.

And that is why I come here, too.

Go Niners

-GM
Geez. This is an Internet Forum!!!

Everybody here roots for the Niners from the kickoff to double 00's.....

Do you expect people to register on this site, take the time to visit and post and read this all day.......

GO NINERS

Get real, that is freaking boring.

Criticism Monday-Saturday does not equal Loss of Faith on Sunday!!! When will people realize this
Originally posted by danimal:
Geez. This is an Internet Forum!!!

Everybody here roots for the Niners from the kickoff to double 00's.....

Do you expect people to register on this site, take the time to visit and post and read this all day.......

GO NINERS

Get real, that is freaking boring.

Criticism Monday-Saturday does not equal Loss of Faith on Sunday!!! When will people realize this

There is a major difference between criticism and just bashing. It's the frickin constant negativity bashing and expecting loses and horrible play to the point of almost wanting it...at least that's what it looks like on the surface.

When I read certain posts...it does equal to Loss of Faith on Sunday! Not yours, but others?

DAMN!!!
Originally posted by NinerGM:

No, I like the way you argue.

You presented a good stance and convinced me to give Scott one more year. I respect that totally. Sorry if this came off personally - certainly didn't mean it to be. I just don't like when we question each other's passion about the team. I believe we're all passionate about the team :) - Even the "negative" folks. They have their place (however muted). LOL

GM

Really GM? I convinced you? Holy crap! Awesome!!!

I won't let it get to my already large cranium. I won't be able to fit through the doors.

It's conversations like this that make me always appreciate the Zone for what it is!
"WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

the japanese bombed pearl dude!!!
Originally posted by jprchrds:

Have a look through the rest of the thread

..... I'm thinking maybe some people on here are to young to get the qoute.

I think Joe Thomas was the Niner's GM the year that movie came out.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

[ Edited by BHulman on Nov 7, 2009 at 14:12:07 ]
  • Mex49
We are below .500 AGAIN.

I think we have been easy on them

Yeah, umm Tico? Is that your name?

Ya still gonna be drinking that koolaide when we drop to 3-5? How does 3-6 strike you? 3-7?

I just want to know -- at what point -- does your koolaide turn sour? Cause, mine already is.

Doubt that. I've never seen the movie, but that was reading a 110 on my sarcasm scale.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 7, 2009 at 18:34:58 ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Ya still gonna be drinking that koolaide when we drop to 3-5? How does 3-6 strike you? 3-7?

I just want to know -- at what point -- does your koolaide turn sour? Cause, mine already is.

the koolaid will only turn sour for me if we lose tomorrow, otherwise it stays sweet
Originally posted by RonMexico:
NINERS NFC WEST CHAMPIONS!!!

WE MAKE OUR RUN STARTING SUNDAY!!!!

f**k THE CARDINALS!!!!!

HELL YEAH!
Originally posted by billbird2111:

No man, my name is Nancy...

How sad for you that you feel that way...we could be 0-16 and I still be rooting for my Niners!

Share 49ersWebzone