LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

No Explosive Crabtree plays yet, but good production

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Here in Ohio, Browns fans are beginning to see Crabtree's performance, and steaming even more over Mangini's "diva" comment, as a cover to not draft him. They are ready to throw Mangini out at the end of the year, and start over, bitter that they do not have number 15.

wow what a diva, the guy hasnt said a word since he's signed. came to work and was prepared even after missing all that time he's gonna be leading our team in receptions in a couple more weeks.

Everything you hear about him coming out of Texas Tech (and not just Leach) disputes any notion of Crabtree being a "diva."

i dont know who mangini talked to or what he saw but im happy he heard what he heard and we ended up with crabtree. receivers take a few years to look as good as crabtree looks already and he missed all of camp, preseason and a bunch of games and he hasnt missed a step.
  • flow
  • Veteran
We all knew this would happen. As soon as he started playing and producing for us everyone forgot that we even called him a "diva".

Glad the kid worked hard and is now earning his respect.
Maybe no explosion yet but all you have to do is watch him for 30 minutes on the field to know he has "it". It would be great to be able to pair him with someone like DeSean Jackson who can take it the distance on any play. Having a speed threat on the other side would even make Crabtree that much better. Hopefully, the Niners will be able to find that guy. Or.. maybe Morgan or Hill can develop if really given the chance.
Originally posted by jcs:
You guys hating on Bruce are crazy. Yeah he dropped a couple but who do we have that's better? Did you guys already forget about butter fingers Morgan...and jones can't even break into the top 5. He's our best option right now.
who do we have better? Crabtree. Yeah I said it.
crabtree is f**king legit. give him more time to understand the playbook and the speed of the nfl and this dude will be 1 of the top and house hold name wrs in the league. i want and hope morgan can be that really good wr next to crabtree and when our oline gets fixed and raye's old sleepy ass is gone look out for this offense to be freaking sick
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Maybe no explosion yet but all you have to do is watch him for 30 minutes on the field to know he has "it". It would be great to be able to pair him with someone like DeSean Jackson who can take it the distance on any play. Having a speed threat on the other side would even make Crabtree that much better. Hopefully, the Niners will be able to find that guy. Or.. maybe Morgan or Hill can develop if really given the chance.

A decent receiver with some wheels is going to thrive next to Crabtree. Alvin Harper next to Irvin comes to mind. After two games we know this kid is not going to be a "bust" and very likely is going to be something very special. Man, I love it!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Here in Ohio, Browns fans are beginning to see Crabtree's performance, and steaming even more over Mangini's "diva" comment, as a cover to not draft him. They are ready to throw Mangini out at the end of the year, and start over, bitter that they do not have number 15.

I don't even remember who the Browns drafted. I'm just glad they didn't draft Crabtree and truly appreciate Mangini (he probably does get enough appreciation in Ohio) if his comments helped in Crabtree slipping to ten. I really think he is going to end up being the best player in this draft.

hey man, I have been posting that our starters next year be Jason Hill on one side and Crabtree on the other. Would love see this combo on the field at the same time.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Man I swear every time I see DeSean Jackson make a big play I feel like slapping McClueless and slapping Chilo Rachal.

Originally posted by susweel:

Man I swear every time I see DeSean Jackson make a big play I feel like slapping McClueless and slapping Chilo Rachal.

OK, I understand but people here were/are screaming for O-line help. And it's still early for Rachal. It's only bad if Rachal turn out to be a total bust.
Crabtree was 1 broken tackle away from a long TD during the 2 min offense.

What is even more impressive about him is that he's showing that he has "it" in his first two games. WRs typically take a season or two to develop, but he has hit the deck running. He looks like he's going to be a very special player, maybe even Patrick Willis special.

Id slap Chilo first. McCloughan foresaw the need to OL help and Chilo has let the team down so far.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Id slap Chilo first. McCloughan foresaw the need to OL help and Chilo has let the team down so far.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone