There are 245 users in the forums

From horrible to great in 2 moves?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Top 10? Keep in mind the Texans D isn't that great, they had no film on Alex, and they thought they had the game won. Now I hope Alex lights it up next week, but keep it in perspective.

Well keep in mind the Texans D had been playing well lately especially since Cushing has been in the lineup for them. They just held the Bengals to 17 pts last week, so I dont understand why your making all the excuses for them.

And not only did they not have game film on Alex Smith they didn't have game film on us moving the ball through the air period!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
There's something wrong with our defense.

i think so too. it's not solid like it was the first 4 games(the second half they came close though)

Was Ray MacDonald activated today? I don't remember seeing him on the field. He's important, cause J. Smith cannot do it alone, and RayMac can bring the pressure almost as well.

i know he was there but invisible thats why im hoping we draft suh or dunlap or a good 3-4 DE
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Top 10? Keep in mind the Texans D isn't that great, they had no film on Alex, and they thought they had the game won. Now I hope Alex lights it up next week, but keep it in perspective.

Well keep in mind the Texans D had been playing well lately especially since Cushing has been in the lineup for them. They just held the Bengals to 17 pts last week, so I dont understand why your making all the excuses for them.

And not only did they not have game film on Alex Smith they didn't have game film on us moving the ball through the air period!

They must have tons of film of Smith he's been playing for 5 years, right?
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by dmatt:
Alex is a stud, always has been.

Raye and Rachal both need to be gone, quickly.

Okay I just pointed this out on the recent ESPN article (comment section same SN as here) but I'll point it out again for the 3rd time(I think) here.

Raye should not go anywhere. You can't do much with a weak armed duck throwing QB. Raye didn't pick Hill, Sing did. Hell, as as been stated time and again by Sing; Hill was named the Starter for basically what he did LAST season. Raye only had team film on him to go off in that assessment.

Notice that when Smith got in the Offense was working fairly well. Receivers that couldn't catch a cold could now catch Flies ala Karate Kid. And 3 TD catches by my man Duke?

Seriously why fire the one guy that made that happen?

People should temper their expectations a bit and lets see how this plays out. For both Raye AND Smith.

46 YARDS Says I'm right.

~Ceadder

Raye is good to go. Anyone that thinks he is the problem is flat out wrong. With Hill the playbook is shortened due to his arm. He was pulled and Smith was givin a chance and he made the most of it. If this is how he plays consistently then we have something special brewing.

For the most part, the playcalling looked pretty good in the second half. Smith now obviously expands what can be done.

My God, if they truly thought they HAD to go into a shell to make the offense work for Hill, then they never should have tried it in the first place. Wow.

Smith has always looked the most comfortable while operating out of an aggressive spread offense.

It takes until the middle of year FIVE for them to finally give him an opportunity to run it.

We need to continue with the spread offense. If we throw Smith out there and go back into a shell, the wheels on the Smith bandwagon with fall off very fast.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Okay I just pointed this out on the recent ESPN article (comment section same SN as here) but I'll point it out again for the 3rd time(I think) here.

Raye should not go anywhere. You can't do much with a weak armed duck throwing QB. Raye didn't pick Hill, Sing did. Hell, as as been stated time and again by Sing; Hill was named the Starter for basically what he did LAST season. Raye only had team film on him to go off in that assessment.

Notice that when Smith got in the Offense was working fairly well. Receivers that couldn't catch a cold could now catch Flies ala Karate Kid. And 3 TD catches by my man Duke?

People should temper their expectations a bit and lets see how this plays out. For both Raye AND Smith.

46 YARDS Says I'm right.

~Ceadder

Raye is good to go. Anyone that thinks he is the problem is flat out wrong. With Hill the playbook is shortened due to his arm. He was pulled and Smith was givin a chance and he made the most of it. If this is how he plays consistently then we have something special brewing.

For the most part, the playcalling looked pretty good in the second half. Smith now obviously expands what can be done.

My God, if they truly thought they HAD to go into a shell to make the offense work for Hill, then they never should have tried it in the first place. Wow.

Smith has always looked the most comfortable while operating out of an aggressive spread offense.

It takes until the middle of year FIVE for them to finally give him an opportunity to run it.

We need to continue with the spread offense. If we throw Smith out there and go back into a shell, the wheels on the Smith bandwagon with fall off very fast.

So will Singletary's.
This offense is designed to get passing yards in chunks 10-30 yard range to keep the D from loading the box against the run..If you have a QB (hill) who is checking the ball down the D can still put 8 in the box and cover the passing game effectively...Oline for some reason also gave up 2 sacks in 1st half and then 0 sacks with Smith at QB....

Roman
Eric Berry and OT would make me cream!
Well one thing is for sure, Crabby moved the chains on like three third downs and that's what we have needed. I think this game actually did a lot for this team even though we lost the game.

With the spread O the defense can't stack the line and in turn this will help free up GORE! Teams will have to defend Morgan, Crabtree and VD.... This should all in turn be GOOD!

46 YARDS Says I'm right.

~Ceadder

The play calling was fine in the 1st half. the difference is chilo being benched. he was the cause for the 1st 2 sacks

Originally posted by Ninerman49:
I dont know about you guys, but I think this offense can be top 10 in the league..

our receiver core is excellent now with the Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis trio.(assuming bruce is gone after this year)

If alex can spread the ball like he did today then there will no longer be 8 in the box against gore which will make him run wild against defenses.

all this took 2 changes: QB alex smith and signing of Crabtree..

Slow down Ninerman.. the OL still looks very suspect.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

46 YARDS Says I'm right.

~Ceadder

The play calling was fine in the 1st half. the difference is chilo being benched. he was the cause for the 1st 2 sacks

and Hill's curl reflex instead of avoiding rushers like smith did. smith showed that he had the balls to throw and the texans had to calm down on the rush. when you have a QB that actually has an arm the other team cant just blitz him all day, smiths proficiency in the passing game helped the o-line out
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So if it only took 2 moves to make this offense significantly better you have to question what the coaches are asking the players to do and who's making decisions about scheme and personnel.

The decisions about scheme and personnel really scare me on this team. They still do BTW. For one ALEX should be the undisputed starter.

completely agree
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

Roman

Everyone know's why we lost all 3 games! He threw all of our INTS, fumbled all our fumbles, blew EVERY coverage that's led to TDs.

Hey but PS great play on that 3rd down tho! He's good for a play or two a year that's positive. About 100 to 200 that are terrible.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So if it only took 2 moves to make this offense significantly better you have to question what the coaches are asking the players to do and who's making decisions about scheme and personnel.

The coaches changed as well. You didn't see a lot of Gore running into a wall in the second half, did you? The head coach made the switch at QB and the coordinator opened it up with the play calling. Let's see how they all perform the next couple of weeks before we go too crazy.
Share 49ersWebzone