LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Who Will Start @ QB For SF Next Week

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who Will Start @ QB For SF Next Week

All I can say is with hill in the games over early with Smith in he made a game of it. Alex gives the other team much more to think and worry about. I don't care if Alex throws more INT's then Hill. It's obvious that he adds more to the game then Hill can. Look at his average of right at 10 YPC vrs Hills! We actually have an offense with Smith in. Now, lets get out of the conservative mode and open this up.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Alex should be given a chance...

poor kid has to start this year playing the COLTS

tough luck

If you remember, his first action in an NFL game came when Nolan pulled Tim Rattay for Alex Smith against the...Colts in 2005.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Hill can't even throw a spiral.
Originally posted by Tyler82:
Smith played with furver and fire and he NEEDS TO BE GIVEN A CHANCE................Hill doesnty have the arm to scare OPP D's and Smith was able to capitalize.....A tough loss but remember that ALex has not had much first team interation and now its time to see how he does with a full week of 1st team action............whos with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Texans obviously weren't ready for Smith, so I can understand why he moved the offense on them. I'll save my enthusiasm for after next weeks game when Indy has a week to prepare for Smith. If he does well, and more importantly if the O-line does better, I'll be a believer.
Originally posted by brhokla:
All I can say is with hill in the games over early with Smith in he made a game of it. Alex gives the other team much more to think and worry about. I don't care if Alex throws more INT's then Hill. It's obvious that he adds more to the game then Hill can. Look at his average of right at 10 YPC vrs Hills! We actually have an offense with Smith in. Now, lets get out of the conservative mode and open this up.

How can Alex not start next week?
  • Tyler82
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by Tyler82:
Smith played with furver and fire and he NEEDS TO BE GIVEN A CHANCE................Hill doesnty have the arm to scare OPP D's and Smith was able to capitalize.....A tough loss but remember that ALex has not had much first team interation and now its time to see how he does with a full week of 1st team action............whos with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and Me Super5..............Lets see what Alex can do and if he cant then lets do some goood drafting
I've been as big of a Smith "hater" as there is but there's absolutely no question in my mind that he deserves to start this next game.

The offense looked exponentially better with him at the helm. We actually spread the ball out and threw DOWN the field. Smith does have a better arm. He made a few nice throws to Crabtree and the THREE TDs to VD can't be overlooked.

We needed this in the first half. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a f**king first down. 1 yard in the first quarter? WTH?!?!
It has to be Alex. He scored 21 points in a half with limited to no reps with the first team!!! Go ALEX!!!!

• dald1
  • Veteran
they might not come out and say it today but smith will be with the 1's
  • Nametaken49
  • Info N/A
God i dont care who ever doesnt f**k it up.. were playing the colts so its not going to pretty of a game for us well atleast for our secondary.. manning will tear us a new one
  • B650
  • Veteran
Maybe he can pull an Eli Manning and revive his career.
I agree that enthusiasm should be tempered but it's clear going forward Smith is our best option at this point.

It's very likely he'll have games where he'll struggle and he's probably not going to threaten Brees or Manning for the top QBs spot but he was locating the ball well, getting rid of it quickly, and avoiding the pressure far better than Hill has ever shown. Things that have little to do on how game planned he was or not.

Plus you have to factor in the fact how do you tell your team you're not going to start the guy that scored 3 TD and almost lead a big comeback win, has more yards in one half than Hill has had in one game?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BHulman:
Your kidding, right? Surely Signltary has to see the difference in this offense. Indy has a lot more to think about next week.

Scary, watching the game Brian Billick said Alex has given Singletary something to think about. Could someone tell me why anyone would not name Alex #1? I think Billick must have been drinking.
[ Edited by BobS on Oct 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone