LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Who Will Start @ QB For SF Next Week

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who Will Start @ QB For SF Next Week

• Tyler82
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by tohara3:
Alex Smith has to be the starter next week. I also believe the offensive staff has to go with more of that spread look too. The play calls also need to get in alot faster. I'm not sure if they were having problems or just not calling them very fast.

I agree man...........we NEED a BIG ARM
my how the tables have turned.
  • Tyler82
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

LMFAO BRO all of the tables are turned and now for those who were once Hill fans now are Smith fans....watch he will turn some heads
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

HAHA No S**t! I feel some minor retribution for the last two years, and the amount of crap I have taken over defending Smith. I still wont crown him the second coming of 16 or 8, but until he is given a REAL opportunity, I wont lose hope in him. This is the make or break year for him now.
I voted Hill.

Only because I think that Sing might have used Alex as a wake up call for Hill.

Hope I'm wrong cause Hill is out of his depth as a Starter.

Oh and NOBODY has taken more crap over the last 5 years than yours truly. I don't even have any of his gear and don't specifically watch 9er games just to watch Smith and wasn't a fan of his at the very beginning as I wanted Braylon Edwards. That said I'll be pleased as punch if he gets the opportunity. We can FINALLY see what he can do with a better team surrounding him and a Coach that won't throw him under the bus at the first available opportunity.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM ]
  • 49erinChicago
  • Info N/A
Lets not get carried away with Smiths performance today. Don't get me wrong he did a great job but you have to consider that the Texans had only one week to prepare (while we had two) plus they created there game plan against Hill (and he did nothing). I am not saying Smith won't do a good job but its way to EARLY to judge Smith as a quaterback. IMO I don't think Hill is a Franchise quarterback or starting quarterback (by any means) I think he is a back-up at best for any other team in the League.

Smith needs to prepare really well this week and keep doing what he does best. He has to be more consistent. He also needs more and more playing time to work out all the mental errors (delay of game penalties) he had today.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erinChicago:
Lets not get carried away with Smiths performance today. Don't get me wrong he did a great job but you have to consider that the Texans had only one week to prepare (while we had two) plus they created there game plan against Hill (and he did nothing). I am not saying Smith won't do a good job but its way to EARLY to judge Smith as a quaterback. IMO I don't think Hill is a Franchise quarterback or starting quarterback (by any means) I think he is a back-up at best for any other team in the League.

Smith needs to prepare really well this week and keep doing what he does best. He has to be more consistent. He also needs more and more playing time to work out all the mental errors (delay of game penalties) he had today.

Did he look better than Hill has all year? Then good enough for me. Start him.

It isn't rocket science.
if sing puts in hill...man...then you REALLY have to question his coaching decisions.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I voted Hill.

Only because I think that Sing might have used Alex as a wake up call for Hill.

Hope I'm wrong cause Hill is out of his depth as a Starter.

Oh and NOBODY has taken more crap over the last 5 years than yours truly. I don't even have any of his gear and don't specifically watch 9er games just to watch Smith and wasn't a fan of his at the very beginning as I wanted Braylon Edwards. That said I'll be pleased as punch if he gets the opportunity. We can FINALLY see what he can do with a better team surrounding him and a Coach that won't throw him under the bus at the first available opportunity.

~Ceadder

Wake up call? Hill is a career 3rd stringer, even at his best he isn't much. He could not even dream of playing as well as Alex did in that 2nd half. I just hope that second half was Alex finally living up to his potential, and not a fluke.
Simple, who do we go with next week and the rest of the season. I think it's pretty obvious....

FREE ALEX!!!!!!
This team should ride Smith until he gets cold. Cause right now he's on fire for 2 quarters of football. No, it's not sarcasm.
Shuan Hill seriously limits to what we can do on offense and limits our chance to win games. He is useless if the team is down, esspecially by 10+ pts as he cannot throw the ball down the field even when oppossing teams go into a soft pass coverage.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Shuan Hill seriously limits to what we can do on offense and limits our chance to win games. He is useless if the team is down, esspecially by 10+ pts as he cannot throw the ball down the field even when oppossing teams go into a soft pass coverage.

He's useless when we're ahead too.
It's no question Alex should be the QB after today. He proved us doubters wrong, and he really has improved.
Share 49ersWebzone