Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
..........the 49ers win tomorrow? Are all you doomsayers going to give it a rest? Hard to imagine all the pessimism that has come out during the bye week (.......except from San Diego. He never has anything positive to say anyway).
Yes, the Niners got their butts handed to them by the Falcons. I was there and it was brutal. Yes, the Niners have question marks on the offensive line, QB and pass rush still. Yes, the Niners have a conservative offensive coordinator and an old school head coach.
There are a couple of things that will be different going into tomorrow's game. The offense will have their best current playmaker back on the field in Gore. Crabtree will make his debut and, by everything that has been written so far, he could make an impact.
Winning this road game against a hot Texans team will be a big test. Would I guarantee a win tomorrow? Probably not. I just hope the doomsayers have to eat some serious crow tomorrow afternoon. Go Niners!
Yes. Yes I will stop being pessimistic.
I'm one of the most biggest Homers on this site and always back our Niners, but lately I've been worried big time.
There are big worries from me. One is our whole offensive blocking as a whole;
we cant run, we cant pass block.
And Shaun Hill, if he throws a hot-read one more time at the feet of another receiver, Im going to freak. He cant keep settling for three and outs. A lot of it is on him to make things happen. I dont see any trust from him towards any of the receivers.
The bottom line is that we come out every game SLOW and looking incompetent in the 1st quarter +.
We need to attack, and when we do that and put points on the board to actually compete with another "winning" team, then I will stop being so worried and down on our season.
But the 49ers
need to show me first they even look like an NFL team when they're in on offense
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Oct 24, 2009 at 10:22 PM ]