LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by B650:
I can't believe they benched Morgan and not Bruce.

This team has lost it. One stupid decision after another.

I'd rather have Bruce out there than Morgan. He's Shaun Hill's go to WR.

I know everyone here wants Morgan to be good, but he's been inconsistent this year.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:

It has more to do with the fact that Morgan and Crabtree play the same position, while Bruce plays another...with Brandon Jones in the slot.

I forget which is X, Y, Z, split end, flanker, etc. So feel free to correct me.

Jones, Hill, Crabtree and Morgan all should be getting playing time, not Isaac Bruce who's a dinosaur and catch, get open, etc. He should be the 3rd or 4th WR at this stage of his career.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Morgan seems happy to give his job away. I dunno about this

Don't be ridiculous. He's just trying not to show that he's disappointed, and that he's a team player. Any NFL player would be disappointed, and there's not much he can do apart from showing what he can do on the field. I don't think he'll be down for long.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I'd rather have Bruce out there than Morgan. He's Shaun Hill's go to WR.

I know everyone here wants Morgan to be good, but he's been inconsistent this year.

And how's that working out so far?
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
it really doesn't matter who starts @ WR, if Mario is getting to Shaun

Wait, what?
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Morgan seems happy to give his job away. I dunno about this

We should just make Morgan our punt returner. He'll have basically the same job as he did before: catching punts.

WTF... take Bruce out and put Morgan on the other side.

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
If this is true, its probably going to piss off a lot of people on the team. Whats been all this talk of "he's not ready, we'll bring him in slowly, etc, etc." All those receivers put in the work throughout TC and so far through the season, and they're going to get leapfrogged by some kid who doesn't even know the "route tree"?

Has he done anything in practice to warrant it? Morgan has certainly underachieved and made some bad blunders this season but I would like to think that crabs would actually have to do something in order to take his job.

Bad, bad idea.

I see what you're saying, but after watching Singletary's "tough love" video...it seems that Sing is not the type to favor individuals, he calls them by their numbers and not their names, and if they're not doing their best, he will make changes.

I just hope this also will imply to Shaun Hill.

Dude you can't deny his talent obviously he is our best WR that is why he is being promoted. The team wants to win it's not about being fair. Our receivers haven't impress thank god for the change. It's like demoting Chilo Rachal when he has played terrible but gotta do it to win it's part of the game! WE PLAY TO WIN!

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

Agreed.

I hope he can run block like Morgan tho.

But let the Crabtree era begin.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
After digesting this for a minute, this can only be a desperate move to jumpstart a bad offense. Which leads me to beleive we may actually try and pass the ball before the 4th quarter! That in itself is exciting, I don't care who is at WR.
Still Jerry Rice had a whole TC and struggled as a rookie. I can't imagine this going any better with no reps and no camp.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Ether:
Morgan gets his starting position taken by Crabtree and he stays back to help. Alex Smith, the #2 QB, stays back to help Crabtree... Yet Shaun Hill goes home because....?

because he has a family that he cares about more than football...

This dude has been in the NFL 6 years. Even at league minimum, he's a multi-millionaire. Are you saying he cannot buy tickets for them to fly out to the Bay Area for a week? Oh, I also forgot that he has had a 6 month vacation for the past 4 years because the 49ers have never gone to the playoffs in that time. I'm sure he could sacrifice 4 days.

• ptw1
  • Veteran
Morgan, Hill And Jones should be in there before Bruce. I don't understand the loyalty to Bruce, who is a Ram.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I still think it should be Morgan in place of bruce

that will eventually happen

Morgan and Crabtree starting

Eventually, but Bruce has not looked good so far.

Its hard to run good routes with a walker.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I still think it should be Morgan in place of bruce

that will eventually happen

Morgan and Crabtree starting

Eventually, but Bruce has not looked good so far.

It might be Singletary giving Bruce the veteran courtesy. But Bruce is in the last year of his contract and it looks to be his last season. Next year it will be Crabtree and Morgan starting with Jones and Hill as the 3rd and 4th receiver.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
If this is true, its probably going to piss off a lot of people on the team. Whats been all this talk of "he's not ready, we'll bring him in slowly, etc, etc." All those receivers put in the work throughout TC and so far through the season, and they're going to get leapfrogged by some kid who doesn't even know the "route tree"?

Has he done anything in practice to warrant it? Morgan has certainly underachieved and made some bad blunders this season but I would like to think that crabs would actually have to do something in order to take his job.

Bad, bad idea.

Dude you can't deny his talent obviously he is our best WR that is why he is being promoted. The team wants to win it's not about being fair. Our receivers haven't impress thank god for the change. It's like demoting Chilo Rachal when he has played terrible but gotta do it to win it's part of the game! WE PLAY TO WIN!

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

he might be our most talented WR, but has he practiced with the 1st team yet? Does he know his plays, his responsibility?

We play to win, sure, but Sing's whole schtick has been about creating a certain kind of culture around the team and this seems to be the exact opposite of the message.

I would like to see him contribute before he gets anointed.

Do you doubt Singletary? I sure don't! Just wait and see what happens sunday he is our future and his talent and money did have to do alot with his promotion. Maybe Morgan does not have Great work ethic like Crabtree as Jerry Rice said before the draft said Crabtree has great work ethic? It's like a guy being at work that has been on the job for 20 years but has a lousy work ethic but this new guy has more ability is a quicker learner and his work ethic is better that is the kind of person you want on your team. That's the way I see this situation.

Morgan has not done nothing but to disappoint put him in there and let him learn!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
After digesting this for a minute, this can only be a desperate move to jumpstart a bad offense. Which leads me to beleive we may actually try and pass the ball before the 4th quarter! That in itself is exciting, I don't care who is at WR.
Still Jerry Rice had a whole TC and struggled as a rookie. I can't imagine this going any better with no reps and no camp.

Rice struggled his rookie year with almost 1,000 yards receiving (927), 3 TDs, and an 18+ average.

I hope Crabtree struggles too.
Share 49ersWebzone