There are 178 users in the forums

What IF Martz was Still our OC ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We would probably be leading the league in turnovers, sacks, and be dead last in rushing.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
5-0

This.
We would have more yards, 1st downs, time of possesion, TDs, & interceptions & sacks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I knew we should have kept Martz as OC, I was pissed after he was fired. I hate this damn run 60% of the time bulls**t. Build a real offense, this ain't the stone age.
Originally posted by susweel:
I knew we should have kept Martz as OC, I was pissed after he was fired. I hate this damn run 60% of the time bulls**t. Build a real offense, this ain't the stone age.

We have ran like 45% of the time or even lower. lol what are you talkin about dude. It's just that our QB can't get first downs at all, so it looks like we never pass.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by djfullshred:
We would have more yards, 1st downs, time of possesion, TDs, & interceptions & sacks.

No argument from me, sounds logical.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Method:

We have ran like 45% of the time or even lower. lol what are you talkin about dude. It's just that our QB can't get first downs at all, so it looks like we never pass.

He got 1st downs last year.

Who the f**k cares about how he did last year if he's not performing as well this year?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

That number is greatly skewed by the fact that we've HAD to pass late in games to either win or come close. It looks balanced on paper, but I'd like to see the numbers pre-4th quarter. If you run all game, then do nothing but pass when you have to, that isn't balance. Walsh proved over 20 years ago that you pass to set up the run, doing vie versa puts you in a position late in games to have the play calling dictacted to you by being down and having to pass.

45% because we can't run the ball

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Who the f**k cares about how he did last year if he's not performing as well this year?

Its bad play calling and play design.
We'd still have the same OL, right? Not sure it would be much different, but I'd love to have Martz. I liked him last year, too.

Stop turning everything into a Shaun Hill thread.
BRING BACK MARTZ
Our great head coach does not like Martz,
Our great head coach can not stand Martz.

nuff?
[ Edited by jed_york on Oct 25, 2009 at 11:29 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone