LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The execution by Hill is so hit and miss, and mainly miss. How many easy short passes can he overthrow or be off target? How many ducks can he throw down the field, only to be off by 5 or 10 yards? On 3rd down, Hill constantly throws to his check down for 5-8 yards when we need 10+.

When will the Niners have a franchise QB again? This is sad.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Our play calling is the most predictable, vanilla plays in the league.

WE LEAD THE NFL IN 3 AND OUTS.

Even when the are far behind Raye refuses to take shots down the field.

We did take a few shots today but they didn't connect. He let Hill throw the ball today but he couldn't hit the mark. Every pass is a lob not a bullet.

yup
every time we sent recivers downfeild, hill decided to hit the checkdown reciever, even when we were down by 30 points. That is NOT raye's fault.
I was at the game today, on the field and the main reason our offense has such trouble is really 3 fold.

-Shaun Hill's arm strength, I said this back when we first named him starter, he is a decent manager but it is so much easier for a DC to gameplan for us bc there are so many throws that Hill can not make at the NFL level u can basically cut ur coverage down to nothing and bring the house. You know Hill is not going to beat you on a deep out, any post corner's or any flags. It also allows you to play press bc u don't HAVE to respect the deep pass. Hill's lack of arm strength is handcuffing our OC even more than needed atm.

The 2nd problem is our Interior Line, many here love Baas and Chilo, I think Chilo will get there but right now he is having a lot of trouble reading techniques of the snap which lead him to be out of position. Baas just has no explosion at all and gets beat like a little kid on most snaps. We need our O-line to step up.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
I was at the game today, on the field and the main reason our offense has such trouble is really 3 fold.

-Shaun Hill's arm strength, I said this back when we first named him starter, he is a decent manager but it is so much easier for a DC to gameplan for us bc there are so many throws that Hill can not make at the NFL level u can basically cut ur coverage down to nothing and bring the house. You know Hill is not going to beat you on a deep out, any post corner's or any flags. It also allows you to play press bc u don't HAVE to respect the deep pass. Hill's lack of arm strength is handcuffing our OC even more than needed atm.

The 2nd problem is our Interior Line, many here love Baas and Chilo, I think Chilo will get there but right now he is having a lot of trouble reading techniques of the snap which lead him to be out of position. Baas just has no explosion at all and gets beat like a little kid on most snaps. We need our O-line to step up.

Two other throws that he cannot complete are Hitch and Go(no arm and no pump fake) as well as a simple 15 yard button hook(no timing). How can an Offense run without ANY of these throws is completely mind boggling. But people seem to like it.

Since you were at the game, lemme ax you. What is your take on the length of time it took for Hill to get the ball out? Did it seem quick or did you have time to go out and take a smoke break in between the snap and the delivery?

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 11, 2009 at 18:55:04 ]
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
are you saying Raye's predictable screens (what is about 20 a game) are what is slowing down, making Hill a free target to opposing defenders that seem to blow right on past and through our OL? Causing Hill to throw the ball when receivers are no where near ready? Really? Is that what you are saying?

I agree....there is no confidence in Hill.

Do you honestly think that we'd be throwing so many screens if we had a QB with a better arm under Center? Shoot I bet we're working with maybe a quarter of Raye's Offensive playbook. If that.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
are you saying Raye's predictable screens (what is about 20 a game) are what is slowing down, making Hill a free target to opposing defenders that seem to blow right on past and through our OL? Causing Hill to throw the ball when receivers are no where near ready? Really? Is that what you are saying?

I agree....there is no confidence in Hill.

Do you honestly think that we'd be throwing so many screens if we had a QB with a better arm under Center? Shoot I bet we're working with maybe a quarter of Raye's Offensive playbook. If that.

~Ceadder

Martz had the same QB and make him look like the second coming.
i agree but this playcalling only works with gore under center im starting ti theink about drafting best as our 2nd RB we need a better one than cofee with our run firdst oiffense
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Bruce should have retired

Man is he washed up. He is really hurting this offense, he can't get seperation and he is dropping passes.

he really has killed a couple of drives with his drops i am really surprised. maybe he should just be our WR coach lol
  • Mex49
His boss is the problem

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Now tell us how you really feel, Dynasty.

Oh come on T if Bruce had retired Hill would have less than 100 yards a game through the air.

It's NOT Bruce, Bruh.

Though if you mean that as "It would save him from this mediocrity"? I get that too.

~Ceadder

I say that because he has dropped passes. He has disappeared lately.
so we all agree shaun isn't the answer -- but as a manager he is fine.

all im gonna say is raye needs to call some shorter outs, crossing routes, a post (hill always hits VD on these). if they allow him to throw the ball in NON obvious passing situations, he can be effective -- NOT GOOD, but effective.

AND PLEASE GOD CAN WE RUN SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN STRAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE?!?!?

Bruce has dropped a lot of passes this year. He never used to drop any. I agree, he has played 1 to many seasons.
Where are the quick slants and such? I feel like any deep passes, all the WRs are deep, which puts Hill in a bad situation while the routes develop.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:

Bruce has dropped a lot of passes this year. He never used to drop any. I agree, he has played 1 to many seasons.

Everyone loved Singletary last year when he pulled the trigger on under preforming players, does he have the sack to bench another HOF.
Share 49ersWebzone