LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
are you saying Raye's predictable screens (what is about 20 a game) are what is slowing down, making Hill a free target to opposing defenders that seem to blow right on past and through our OL? Causing Hill to throw the ball when receivers are no where near ready? Really? Is that what you are saying?

I agree....there is no confidence in Hill.
Our play calling is the most predictable, vanilla plays in the league.

WE LEAD THE NFL IN 3 AND OUTS.
Singletary said when he made the Hill decision that he wouldn't pull him after one bad outing. However, if Hill continues the way he is, then there will be some QB experimentation before too long.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Singletary said when he made the Hill decision that he wouldn't pull him after one bad outing. However, if Hill continues the way he is, then there will be some QB experimentation before too long.

what about 5?
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

Even when the are far behind Raye refuses to take shots down the field.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Bill Walsh must be rolling over in his grave at the thought of this fool on the 49ers sidelines. Sad, just f&*&*ing sad.
Originally posted by NinersCluebat:

Bill Walsh must be rolling over in his grave at the thought of this fool on the 49ers sidelines. Sad, just f&*&*ing sad.

If looks determined the strength of your playcalling.....

oh wait, they definitely do.

Man, I would love to see the West Coast Offensive (which was misnamed if you ask me) back where it belongs.

"Now looky here offense. I want us to gain exactly this many yards with each play. No more no less! ready........break!!!!!!"
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

Even when the are far behind Raye refuses to take shots down the field.

We did take a few shots today but they didn't connect. He let Hill throw the ball today but he couldn't hit the mark. Every pass is a lob not a bullet.

• NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

"Now looky here offense. I want us to gain exactly this many yards with each play. No more no less! ready........break!!!!!!"

THANK YOU, I needed a laugh after today.

Man, I would love to see the West Coast Offensive (which was misnamed if you ask me) back where it belongs.

Dude, I thought that was Bill Cosby for a second.
On another note not to distact all the "fans" who are acting like it's the endbof yhe world... Did anyone see Vernon Davis crying in the post game? It shows that the guy really cares about this team unlike some of u guys why don't some of u try doing what real fans do and stick by your team during the losses not just the wins.
Originally posted by taney71:

Dude, I thought that was Bill Cosby for a second.

Could be the reason why our O-line look like Jell-O.
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
If I've said this once I've said it a hundred times here.

Raye's playcalling is NOT the problem. He has to use what he's given and he HAS done this. He's used Davis and Walker and Martz hardly if EVER included them in his Offense. He runs the ball with Gore. Something that Martz didn't do very much of either.

The Receivers. If they could count on seeing the ball consistently deeper than 10-15 yards, I think they would start catching the ball more.

The OLine is it great? No. But they did get the job done over the previous 4 weeks. Only against the Rams and now the Falcons have they not been consistent.

There is a reason for the above issues NOT working properly.

Raye has to call Passing plays that are extremely limited. He can't open up the playbook because the guy under Center doesn't have a consistent arm.

The OLine has to protect him longer(still don't understand the 3 second drills in Camp) because he holds onto the F'n ball way too long. He's looking for the homerun pass.

The Receivers are going to CONTINUE to have issues holding onto his passes because they are getting their @$$3$ kicked in short yardage. The Opposing Defense sets up camp there and makes Hill beat their coverage. He RARELY does it, so they will continue to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and knock the Receivers around.

This is NOT new. This is something that has been happening since last season. Only people are so stoned on the Ws' they can't see straight.

And here I am shaking my head at how simple it really is. It's a team loss because it's a team sport. But one simple fix and things could be MUCH different.

~Ceadder

i'm pretty sure you said the same with hostler didn't you ?
Raye = hostler < Martz < Turner
and making an official "don't blame raye" thread every sunday won't change that fact....

Nope never did.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone