LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

PTI

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kornholer and Dildong are dumb$hits.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
yeah i saw it...they said that smith has had a couple of bad yrs and that young wins even with bad stats...i guess that's true but young is overrated and we're going to kill the titans on sunday!

Young wins even with bad stats? so obviously Youngs the reason the teams won not the the defense bailed him out or he was on a good team?

That fact that Young had much more talent around him than Smith probably never factored into their meager thought processes.

PTI is pure douchebaggery.

since when did Vince Young have better personal around him... come on now....

Alex had better WRs (Antonio Bryant) and a better RB (Gore). One of the main reasons they had a good running game is because teams had to worry about Young bootlegging.

I wish we would use Alex the way the Titans used Young those years....
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
yeah i saw it...they said that smith has had a couple of bad yrs and that young wins even with bad stats...i guess that's true but young is overrated and we're going to kill the titans on sunday!

Young wins even with bad stats? so obviously Youngs the reason the teams won not the the defense bailed him out or he was on a good team?

That fact that Young had much more talent around him than Smith probably never factored into their meager thought processes.

PTI is pure douchebaggery.

since when did Vince Young have better personal around him... come on now....

Alex had better WRs (Antonio Bryant) and a better RB (Gore). One of the main reasons they had a good running game is because teams had to worry about Young bootlegging.

I wish we would use Alex the way the Titans used Young those years....

Titans were 10-6 with a terrible Vince Young, and a 13-3 with a mediocre Kerry Collins. Thats a was a damn good defensive team, and solid offensively. What the f*ck did Alex Smith have? Antonio Bryant? give me a break
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Did anyone catch PTI earlier? They discussed who has a chance for a brighter future Alex or V. Young. Both guys said it was Young. I have never been big on Alex but even I know that Young is a one trick pony.

Alex is gonna destroy the Titans.

Oh, and Vince Young is garbage.

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a contradiction. So Young gets rewarded because, "even though he sucks he's on a good team so therefore he's better..." Wow. Okay.
I can't believe the 180 I've done on Alex Smith. I honestly see a whole new QB in the past 1.5 games. I know it's not much of a sample, but I can't help but think we've got something here. Of course the 2nd half of the season is going to tell us way more on where he is and my opinion could change...but as of now, I see this guy as a good candidate to lead us into the future. He's seeing the field better than before and he's stepping INTO his throws. I don't see him succumbing to pressure too early (although I did see it once against Indy) and I don't see him rolling out unnecessarily. He's also trusting the routes and trusting his WRs. He still has a few basic things to work on...like being consistently accurate...but that's not nearly the same issue as it had been as early as this preseason (as weird as that sounds).

We can only hope that Cosby gains trust in Alex and allows him to make a decision with the ball by giving him 3 and 4 WR sets. Lets give it a shot and see what happens against the porous pass D of the Titans. I'm certain that this will only work to open up the run.
Can't really blame the natl media for not believing in Alex. He has to prove that they were wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone