There are 221 users in the forums

PTI

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Dahl, Olineman for Atlanta, kept taking cheap shots on our players. On one play that ended on our sidelines, Singletary got into it with him, telling him, "I wish you played back when i did". Or something to that effect.

PTI's main point was that Singletary might be a little too over the top. That at some point, the players might start questioning his dictatorship.

Hes a dictator because hes trying to protect his players? Coaches generally dont get into it with players, Sing was a HOF player and the toughest coach any football player could have. If he wants to get into it with players let him, why should we be opposed?
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Why don't tony and wilbon say that to singletary's face

because they would end up like the fb from the seahawks.

I don't know if you guys watched this week's Monday presser, but somebody asked whether Sing and the Niners were scapegoating Bly for the loss by having him apologize for the INT and fumble fiasco. Sing was obviously pissed, started to go on to the next question, then returned to the topic and tore the reporter a new one.

Morale of the story: cross Sing at your own risk.
Did anyone catch PTI earlier? They discussed who has a chance for a brighter future Alex or V. Young. Both guys said it was Young. I have never been big on Alex but even I know that Young is a one trick pony.
yeah i saw it...they said that smith has had a couple of bad yrs and that young wins even with bad stats...i guess that's true but young is overrated and we're going to kill the titans on sunday!
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Did anyone catch PTI earlier? They discussed who has a chance for a brighter future Alex or V. Young. Both guys said it was Young. I have never been big on Alex but even I know that Young is a one trick pony.

These guys can be amusing but they are glib. I would never put any stock in their analysis of anything.
yeah i saw it...they said that smith has had a couple of bad yrs and that young wins even with bad stats...i guess that's true but young is overrated and we're going to kill the titans on sunday!

Young wins even with bad stats? so obviously Youngs the reason the teams won not the the defense bailed him out or he was on a good team?
they should of asked that after this Sunday's game.
they should of asked that after this Sunday's game.

They won't have to after Sunday.
I think those guys have pretty short memories about Vince Young. He started out pretty well in his rookie season, but everyone figured him out and his Wonderlic-score-of-6-mind just hasn’t been able to come up with an answer in response. And don’t forget, this guy has a very thin skin. Heck, the Titans thought once that he might be a risk to himself and had the police do a welfare check on him and his mother resorted to defending him on the local sports talk radio. I honestly wish him the best, I really do, but while I think he might be the most physically gifted QB in all of football, I just don’t think he has the mind for the professional game.

For those of you who have forgotten about Vince Young’s incident, this should jog your memory: http://www.faniq.com/blog/Vince-Youngs-Mother-Says-He-Doesnt-Want-To-Play-Football-Blog-11753
Vince Young is a joke

they didnt want to look like racist
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

Young wins even with bad stats? so obviously Youngs the reason the teams won not the the defense bailed him out or he was on a good team?

That fact that Young had much more talent around him than Smith probably never factored into their meager thought processes.

PTI is pure douchebaggery.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

That fact that Young had much more talent around him than Smith probably never factored into their meager thought processes.

PTI is pure douchebaggery.

Oh man, I've got to remember and work that one into future coversations.
didnt sound like wilbon picked VY or Smith
They went with VY only because he took the Titans to the playoffs a couple years ago, and Smith doesn't have a similar achievement on his resume. They were both very lukewarm on either guy.
Share 49ersWebzone