LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Did Gore get Faster?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Gore get Faster?

hells ya, in the past he definitely would have gotten tackled. i loveeeeeeeeeee it
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by crzy:
Frank is the man, but our running game is going to go the next level when we draft Chris Johnson 2.0, a.k.a. Jahvid Best.

I want some real speed in our backfield.

What kind of fan is talking about a dumb ass draft prospect after a performance like that. Take a break from analyzing and appreciate the running game for what it did today.

The kind of fan that thinks long-term.

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate a 200 yard rushing performance.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Frank is the man, but our running game is going to go the next level when we draft Chris Johnson 2.0, a.k.a. Jahvid Best.

I want some real speed in our backfield.

What kind of fan is talking about a dumb ass draft prospect after a performance like that. Take a break from analyzing and appreciate the running game for what it did today.

The kind of fan that thinks long-term.

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate a 200 yard rushing performance.

With the way Carolina is looking we should be able to get him easy.
I don't know that he is measureably any faster ------ but he sure finished out those runs very nicely. Perhaps a little faster and in better shape early.
i'm pretty sure running up the hill has something to do with it...

but if that's not the case, i think it just looks like he's faster cause he actually finished a long run in the endzone and not being caught from behind.

it could be anything really, a slow defense, defenders taking bad angles, not being in place, sustained blocks, etc.

i mean, there were 9 guys in the box on one of those runs so all the receivers needed to do were take care of those last 2 guys.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
No. We faced Jim Mora Jr.'s defense.
Originally posted by chucksteak49:
i'm pretty sure running up the hill has something to do with it...

but if that's not the case, i think it just looks like he's faster cause he actually finished a long run in the endzone and not being caught from behind.

it could be anything really, a slow defense, defenders taking bad angles, not being in place, sustained blocks, etc.

i mean, there were 9 guys in the box on one of those runs so all the receivers needed to do were take care of those last 2 guys.

yeah, number 27 twice took terrible angles on gore. so much so that i laughed
He looks much faster than I remember him. He may be more recovered from the knee injuries now. He has had a few seasons without any major knee problems. Perhaps that helped him regain some of his original speed and athleticism.

I've never seen him run like that period. It was like watching a different back. If he now has break away speed like that then the sky is the limit.

Originally posted by cubanb:
Willis broke his career run length record TWICE. I don't know if he got faster or if the D sucked, but I liked seeing Gore finish his runs.

any d that shuts out any team in the NFL does not suck

VD couldnt catch gore today, He actually does look a lil faster.
Originally posted by cubanb:
Willis broke his career run length record TWICE.

Really? I must have missed that sh*t!
He definatley looked alot faster

In the second TD, Gore was gone before he hit the whole...there's no way anyone could have gotten him
He might not be faster. He now has the stamina to keep his speed longer. That´s why he looked faster.
he had a lot of burst out of the box today. on both runs he explodes past the 1st and 2nd lines of defense, towards the end of the 1st run i was screaming for him to slant left or right because the defender was gaining on him, onb the 2nd run no one was gonna catch him. he does look faster and as someone said his stamina increased so he can burst and keep his top speed longer. all that hard work in the offseason payed off.
Share 49ersWebzone