There are 180 users in the forums

Did Gore get Faster?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Gore get Faster?

Originally posted by crzy:
Frank is the man, but our running game is going to go the next level when we draft Chris Johnson 2.0, a.k.a. Jahvid Best.

I want some real speed in our backfield.

You know, Sheets is no slouch... if he ever learns how to pick up a blitzing linebacker he could bust some long runs.

Originally posted by kronik:
The seahawks have one of the slowest if not the slowest defenses in the league (actually, their whole team is slow). Did you guys see how slow their safetys and cb's were. They pretty much play zone 90% of the time to compensate for their lack of speed.

Uh, gonna call BS on this one. Link? evidence? anything?
Yes gor is much faster than when we drafted him.
no gore did not get faster. he learned from issac bruce, he was looking at the scoreboard and not peaking behind him. he even said it himself. and looking back slows you down and gets you a little off balance.
I do think Gore is a bit faster, but another difference is that in the past, on longer runs, Gore would tire faster and thus slow up a bit allowing guys to catch up. This time, he seemed able to sustain the speed longer.
The Raiders are proof that drafting for speed is not the best course of action.
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Um no. He is finally healthy.

Willis broke his career run length record TWICE. I don't know if he got faster or if the D sucked, but I liked seeing Gore finish his runs.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

what are you trying to say?
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I do think Gore is a bit faster, but another difference is that in the past, on longer runs, Gore would tire faster and thus slow up a bit allowing guys to catch up. This time, he seemed able to sustain the speed longer.

THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RUN THE HILL OF PAIN hahaha

I think Gore is definitely faster this year. He looks more trim...obviously that makes a difference. I think last year, Gore gets caught from behind.
Frank is the man, but our running game is going to go the next level when we draft Chris Johnson 2.0, a.k.a. Jahvid Best.

What kind of fan is talking about a dumb ass draft prospect after a performance like that. Take a break from analyzing and appreciate the running game for what it did today.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

What kind of fan is talking about a dumb ass draft prospect after a performance like that. Take a break from analyzing and appreciate the running game for what it did today.

LOL

-9fA
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
He magically became faster today, at least...

Barry Sanders wasn't known as the fastest dude ever... but he busted some long runs in his day.

They both had two 75+ yard runs in a single game.

Frank Gore is a complete running back and one of the best in the league... get used to it.

Barry Sanders was known as a fast dude. He would rarely get caught from behind. He actually ran a 4.37 40 at his combine. That is pure speed for a 200 pound man.
who has the gif. of the second run that had the closeup on gore's face you could see the determination
Share 49ersWebzone