LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 202 users in the forums

What happend to Josh Morgan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Morgan was playing, and well, but our deficient QB couldn't hit him. Mr. stare down could'nt be bothered to move his eyes off old man Bruce.

[ Edited by WINiner on Sep 15, 2009 at 06:49:15 ]
when brandon jones gets on the field, i expect everyone, including josh morgan, will be a whole lot better. now that sing and raye realize that we have to pass a bit more to keep defenses guessing, we ought to see a lil more morgan, battle, bruce, jones, vernon, and delanie
Nothing happened to him everybody just over hyped him. It isn't his fault
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He was playing and getting open, Hill just couldn't get the ball to him. Hill continues to stare down receivers and make inaccurate throws, hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

I know, he's playing like Alex Smith right now, let's hope he snaps out of it.
no one to throw to him, that's what happened.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Morgan was playing, and well, but our deficient QB couldn't hit him. Mr. stare down could'nt be bothered to move his eyes off old man Bruce.

lol.. funny but true
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by BigMar:
He was more open than you think...

a lot of the time, Q.B. Hill simply did not see him or when Hill did go his way, the ball was a bad pass.

Hopefully Q.B. Hill and Morgan will get on the same page in Hawks game.

Agreed,a couple of times when he was wide open Hill threw into double and triple coverage.It's a wonder he didn't throw any int's but you got give it to Hill for coming through when the Niners really needed a TD.

Morgan was clearly open for big gaines. I'm just hoping Hill decision not to throw to Morgan in those instances was not related to Hill lack of confidence in his arm.

Remember, that is the concern about Hill... everyone including Hill recognize he simply cannot make all the throws. Does that limit what he can do with Morgan?

[ Edited by BigMar on Sep 15, 2009 at 10:19:07 ]
Quote:
Morgan was clearly open for big gaines. I'm just hoping Hill decision not to throw to Morgan in those instances was not related to Hill lack of confidence in his arm.

Remember, that is the concern about Hill... everyone including Hill recognize he simply cannot make all the throws. Does that limit what he can do with Morgan?

What seemed to be severely lacking all day with the 10-15 yard quick hitting pass plays in which S. Hill thrives upon. I'd like to go back and watch to see if our receivers were being jammed at the line?

Nonetheless, I'd like to see Jason Hill get some PT (for some reason he was inactive last week and sitting on the bench). Hill is good at getting quick separation off the line. Just go back and look at the Hill to Hill combos at the end of last year.

We need to get the intermediate passes back into the mix or you'll see the opposing defenses continue to stack the line and make life very difficult for our running game.

[ Edited by pete98146 on Sep 15, 2009 at 13:30:17 ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He was more open than you think... a lot of the time, Q.B. Hill simply did not see him or when Hill did go his way, the ball was a bad pass. Hopefully Q.B. Hill and Morgan will get on the same page in Hawks game.

yea they showed a couple times where josh was wide open and running sick routes. hill was staring down his recievers and missed him. shaun was good when it counted though. they need to get on the same page for sure.

Hill didnt look Morgans way at all after that throw to the endzone. They showed him open a few times in the 2nd half.

I agree with all this, I'm beginning to think Morgan is Hill's 3rd option in his progression reads...maybe VD > Bruce > Morgan?! idk....I'm hoping to see Morgan score at home this weekend!

It does seems like he is a little passive looking4 & hitting a open morgan downfield unless it a guareented thing. IMO like the above quote mentioned its goes #88 '85 '84 then a dumpoff to the halfback or fullback.As the season progress and everyone remains healthy,I think the chemistry will begin to work a little better.Hill just have to have more confidence in himself to look for Josh more.Right now its bruce and V/D.He's gonna need to make that happen quick because looking at the start of the season and not just with the NINERS, defenses are stacking 7 and 8people on the line overloading the box, for these top rated r/b's.If the o/line doesnt adjust and open holes for our running backs to break thru, then Hill needs to adjust his field reading abilities a little more and notice Morgan. Just my humble thoughts.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
when brandon jones gets on the field, i expect everyone, including josh morgan, will be a whole lot better. now that sing and raye realize that we have to pass a bit more to keep defenses guessing, we ought to see a lil more morgan, battle, bruce, jones, vernon, and delanie

Uhmmm.... Jones is a faster "deep threat" than Morgan, so how the heck can Hill get him the ball deep?

Hill and Morgan will play better at home.
He was more open than you think...

a lot of the time, Q.B. Hill simply did not see him or when Hill did go his way, the ball was a bad pass.

Hopefully Q.B. Hill and Morgan will get on the same page in Hawks game.

Something I noted, and the announcers noted, is that he stares down his receiver. Can't do that in this league and get away with it. Hopefull Raye and QB coach "pound this into him".
this is what happened to Morgan.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
this is what happened to Morgan.

ahahahahaahahahhaahahahhahaahaha.

True, but sad cuz he's a niner. But it does seem like Alex will be playing soon if Hill keeps this s**t up. he does not look like he has years passed.

[ Edited by aacadena on Sep 15, 2009 at 16:36:58 ]
oh dear god, i hope not. Davis should be put in before smith. justsayin!
Share 49ersWebzone