LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

What happend to Josh Morgan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
And I ask once again, What happend to Josh Morgan.

He was hoping to match Crabtree's stat line.

Mission accomplished.

Same stats. 1/10th the price.

Sad but true
He's blocking.
Originally posted by niners94:
He's blocking.
and he was a vital part of at least one of those long gore runs. i only say "at least one" cuz i only remember seeing him blocking on the first one(79 yder).
Sad to say but Hill cant throw a decent pass over 11 yards, which takes or recievers out of the game. I am not an alex lover but i got to wonder if he cant handoff to gore just as well and mabey throw past 20yards? This way the def. would atleast have to think about a deep ball.
I feel bad for Morgan. His routes were the best on the team and Hill just completely ignores him. There was a couple plays when Hill had plenty of time where Morgan got wide open deep, but Hill just didn't wanna pass to him so he passed underneath. Too bad.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Sad to say but Hill cant throw a decent pass over 11 yards, which takes or recievers out of the game. I am not an alex lover but i got to wonder if he cant handoff to gore just as well and mabey throw past 20yards? This way the def. would atleast have to think about a deep ball.

This has as much to do with Hill as it does the idiotic play calling...which yes worked today but right now I doubt we can come back from more than 2 scores behind and win.
I like Hills leadership but his lack of pocket awareness and staring down the wr is really starting to scare me, not to mention the lack of arm strength those semi long passes today were just aweful. I also like Coffeee but he doesnt seem to read the hole hes just straight forward, would like to see Sheets at the end when the def. is tired.
another game with morgan not gettin a chance. i loved the game but i would love to see alot more out of our WR's TE's etc
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
As long as Hill is our QB our WRs will never have good numbers. That's probably why Crabdouche does not want play for us.
Originally posted by susweel:
As long as Hill is our QB our WRs will never have good numbers. That's probably why Crabdouche does not want play for us.

I agree man, I am almost ready to see Smith back in there, he could easily do what Shaun is doing, plus he can throw it down the field when the receivers are open. Hill just lacks confidence in his own passing arm, maybe with good reason.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I agree man, I am almost ready to see Smith back in there, he could easily do what Shaun is doing, plus he can throw it down the field when the receivers are open. Hill just lacks confidence in his own passing arm, maybe with good reason.

Yup, Hill is a game manager, not a game winner.

He needs WR's like Bruce who know how to get open, Morgan is still learning the finer nuances of the game.
I hope he doesnt dissapear like Jason Hill did

hey at least we get back Jones this week. (hopefully)

[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Sep 20, 2009 at 10:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Method:
I feel bad for Morgan. His routes were the best on the team and Hill just completely ignores him. There was a couple plays when Hill had plenty of time where Morgan got wide open deep, but Hill just didn't wanna pass to him so he passed underneath. Too bad.

yea i really wish Shaun would give morgan a chance to make some plays but even when hes wide open it seems like he just ignores him. it worries me a lot.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Method:

yea i really wish Shaun would give morgan a chance to make some plays but even when hes wide open it seems like he just ignores him. it worries me a lot.

This has more to do with Morgan playing poorly than Hill ignoring him...if he was really playing well, he would actually see the ball more often...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I wouldn't go that far, Hill maybe limited but Smith just plain sucks. Hill still manages to move the team something that Smith never did.
Share 49ersWebzone