LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 319 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
what did deion sanders get arrested for?
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The difference is that the 49ers have not complained about any specific team tampering with Crabtree. All we have so far is a person with a conflict of interest (Sanders) making claims that have yet to be substantiated.

I think it at least warrants an investigation since Sanders is an NFL employee.

I definately think Sanders should be asked where he got this information from.

And he should give out that information since he is an NFL employee.

Exactly! Either Sanders is inappropriately using his position as an NFL Analyst to pressure the 49ers into meeting Crabtree's demands by falsifying information OR he has factual information that another team has expressed their desire to trade for and pay Crabtree his contract demands. In either situation the league should be investigating the conduct of one of its personnel as it has clearly been detrimental to the 49ers bargaining position.

The reason it's a conflict of interest is that it drives up the perception of demand on Crab's services by a NFL employee.

It becomes tampering if a NFL team is identified as actually discussing (with Crabtree) the possibility of Crab's playing for them.
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:

I think for walking around with that POON RAT on his chin!
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KNRO1670:

We all part of tha POON RAT club... Tha POON RAT club.... The POON RAT club!

[img=]

I don't understand what it is with your poon rat obsession. You manage to work it into nearly every post, regardless of relevance or context.

I am intrigued.
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by showtime49:

I don't understand what it is with your poon rat obsession. You manage to work it into nearly every post, regardless of relevance or context.

I am intrigued.

Trying to set a personal record
Still can't wear my jersey!
  • Tyler82
  • Info N/A
Gil Bradt wrote in his recent answer to a comment at NFL.com:

Random Comment
I personally think Crabtreee needs to face reality that he wasnt the first WR picked and hasnt practiced in along time so he should understand the money issue but if he doesnt sign with SF do u think it would be worth it for a team like the Texans to give them a 1st round pick so Andre Johnson can have a partner to dominate?

Gil Brandt, NFL.com
First off, I've told Michael Crabtree myself that he is making a mistake by not signing. Interesting note about receivers -- it's probably the second-hardest to come in and play as a rookie (next to QB). Of the 300 or so rookie WRs in the last 10 years, 10 have caught 50 or more passes as a rookie, 4 had 1,000 yards or more, and only one had 10 or more TDs.

I don't think Crabtree can help any team he signed with at this point. What he has to remember is that his talent is not based on where he is picked.

I cant stand Crabby....what a premadonna
If crab wants to play elsewhere then this is what we should do
1) trade him when trading opens up again-right now it is closed.
2) find out if the team was one of the ones that dione warwick mentioned and file a complaint and get more picks from them.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Sources: Crabtree no closer to ending holdout

A source close to San Francisco 49ers holdout wide receiver Michael Crabtree(notes) said Tuesday that while he disagrees with the idea of Crabtree missing an entire season, “the kid is weird enough that he just might do it.”

The comment comes after NFL Network analyst and former player Deion Sanders said Crabtree, taken 10th in this year’s NFL draft, is willing to remain unsigned because of his desire to paid as much as No. 7 overall pick and fellow wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey(notes). Crabtree believes he would have been a top-five pick if not for a stress fracture in his foot that was discovered at the NFL scouting combine.

Meanwhile, a 49ers source remained upbeat about the chances of Crabtree signing, saying he believed a holdout “defies all logic.”

The team source said the 49ers have offered Crabtree a contract commensurate with the No. 10 overall pick. Crabtree wants a deal equal to the reported five-year, $38.25 million contract Heyward-Bey received. That deal includes $23.5 million guaranteed and also was the cause of conflict in the Cincinnati Bengals’ negotiations with No. 6 overall pick Andre Smith(notes), who joined the team a month after he reported to training camp.

More at link

defies all logic is right.
Originally posted by Esco:

A source close to San Francisco 49ers holdout wide receiver Michael Crabtree(notes) said Tuesday that while he disagrees with the idea of Crabtree missing an entire season, “the kid is weird enough that he just might do it.”

The comment comes after NFL Network analyst and former player Deion Sanders said Crabtree, taken 10th in this year’s NFL draft, is willing to remain unsigned because of his desire to paid as much as No. 7 overall pick and fellow wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey(notes). Crabtree believes he would have been a top-five pick if not for a stress fracture in his foot that was discovered at the NFL scouting combine.

Meanwhile, a 49ers source remained upbeat about the chances of Crabtree signing, saying he believed a holdout “defies all logic.”

The team source said the 49ers have offered Crabtree a contract commensurate with the No. 10 overall pick. Crabtree wants a deal equal to the reported five-year, $38.25 million contract Heyward-Bey received. That deal includes $23.5 million guaranteed and also was the cause of conflict in the Cincinnati Bengals’ negotiations with No. 6 overall pick Andre Smith(notes), who joined the team a month after he reported to training camp.

More at link

Two things about the article.

First, I find it funny that this person close to Crabtree says his holdout defies logic.
Second, the article states that they know two teams that have told him they would draft him in next years draft. There has to be tampering here!

Both sources believe that Crabtree has been told by other teams that they will take him in the first round of next year’s draft.

[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Sep 8, 2009 at 13:42:55 ]
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

More at link

Two things about the article.

First, I find it funny that this person close to Crabtree says his holdout defys logic.
Second, the article states that they know two teams that have told him they would draft him in next years draft. There has to be tampering here!

Exactly! I thought tampering was when teams would interfere in some way in negotiations between a player and the team that holds his rights. Would it be unreasonable to say that other teams that essentially told Crabtree: "Hey, don't worry, we'll take you in the first round next year" is tampering?

It gives Crabtree leverage over the Niners...an incentive to hold out. This is ridiculous

More at link

The article also states that both sides believe other teams have told Crabtree they would select him in the 1st round of next years draft. Smells like tampering to me!

If it walks like a duck.... and quacks like a duck..... chances are..... it's time to launch an investigation!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k Crabdouche
Share 49ersWebzone