There are 172 users in the forums

Wanna see Crabtree? Tune to ESPN2 now!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Some of you people are overreacting, The NFL Network did a similar segment/feature on Crabtree a week after the draft and no one was b***hing about him then and he was acting and looking the same way like he did in this ESPN feature.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of the people hating on Crabtree now will be signing his praises and kissing his ass come November and December.

No doubt about that.

Actually i have stated it before, i Think he is overrated and always thought he acted like a lil b***h, because im a Longhorn Fan. So to say no one was b***hing then is false. I'm still pissed we didn't get Orakpo or a f**king Lineman.

Actually, I was impressed with Michael Oher on the show. He appeared very smart and hard working, and grateful for his opportunity.

Plus he seemed really tough, with that nasty streak needed for an OL. One segment showed a preseason game and he locked up a DLineman, wrestled with him, then absolutely pancaked the guy. Pretty impressive.

Easy to see why Singletary liked him, maybe even over Crabby, in the draft. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight doesn't help.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of the people hating on Crabtree now will be signing his praises and kissing his ass come November and December.

Trust me, the first time he does anything for this team, the people hating on him right now will develop a man-crush on him. Mark my words.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Trust me, the first time he does anything for this team, the people hating on him right now will develop a man-crush on him. Mark my words.

This
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Some of you people are overreacting, The NFL Network did a similar segment/feature on Crabtree a week after the draft and no one was b***hing about him then and he was acting and looking the same way like he did in this ESPN feature.

No doubt about that.

Actually i have stated it before, i Think he is overrated and always thought he acted like a lil b***h, because im a Longhorn Fan. So to say no one was b***hing then is false. I'm still pissed we didn't get Orakpo or a f**king Lineman.

Actually, I was impressed with Michael Oher on the show. He appeared very smart and hard working, and grateful for his opportunity.

Plus he seemed really tough, with that nasty streak needed for an OL. One segment showed a preseason game and he locked up a DLineman, wrestled with him, then absolutely pancaked the guy. Pretty impressive.

Easy to see why Singletary liked him, maybe even over Crabby, in the draft. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight doesn't help.

If we selected orakpo or oher while crabtree was still on the board, the webzone would have exploded.

No-one could have seen the holdout coming
Yeah I watched this last night and here's the real kicker. Are you guys ready for this?

When they show us selecting him he stands up at his table gets some hugs and shakes this pudgy white guy's hand that is standing there where he gets his cap and jersey and as he's being handed the cap and jersey the pudgy guy quickly tells Crabtree "you're the next coming of Jerry Rice" or something like that. WTF
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Yeah I watched this last night and here's the real kicker. Are you guys ready for this?

When they show us selecting him he stands up at his table gets some hugs and shakes this pudgy white guy's hand that is standing there where he gets his cap and jersey and as he's being handed the cap and jersey the pudgy guy quickly tells Crabtree "you're the next coming of Jerry Rice" or something like that. WTF

I heard that.

Yeah no doubt but he has to earn that love and respect.
Carbtree will sign the contract then get injured.

you're just stating the obvious. it will happen its a fact . not a prediction
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Crabs is fu*kin with the WRONG dude.

Singletary's gonna tear his ass up

''We got enough here to win.''

That was the plan...hold out as long as he could, so he wouldnt have to attend TC!!!

If you consider one big catch earning that love and respect, then so be it. I don't mean people will be jocking him after he does several good things for us, I mean they will be jocking him after he does ONE good thing. And a lot of those people will start jocking him the minute he signs his contract - without him ever doing anything on the field. The simple fact that he will officially be a 49er will cause them to attach themselves to his genitals.

People are quick to jump on the kid's ass and talk all kinds of sh*t about him, calling him Craptree and saying he's a punk b*tch, but those same people will be riding his nuts once he gets on the field. I just don't understand why they feel the need to talk bad about a guy they will eventually develop a man-crush on. Even if he turns out to be a huge bust, a lot of the same people currently talking sh*t about him will start making excuses for why he's sucked. The fact of the matter is most of these people will start jocking the kid as soon as he officially signs with the team, so why hate on him right now? He's holding out for more money.. So what? People are acting like he's already missed the entire season and is entering next year's draft. That hasn't happened. People need to calm down and wait until he actually starts missing the season before they start bashing the kid.. But it's obviously too late for that. This place is full of overreaction - all the time, no matter what the situation is.

If you consider one big catch earning that love and respect, then so be it. I don't mean people will be jocking him after he does several good things for us, I mean they will be jocking him after he does ONE good thing. And a lot of those people will start jocking him the minute he signs his contract - without him ever doing anything on the field. The simple fact that he will officially be a 49er will cause them to attach themselves to his genitals.

People are quick to jump on the kid's ass and talk all kinds of sh*t about him, calling him Craptree and saying he's a punk b*tch, but those same people will be riding his nuts once he gets on the field. I just don't understand why they feel the need to talk bad about a guy they will eventually develop a man-crush on. Even if he turns out to be a huge bust, a lot of the same people currently talking sh*t about him will start making excuses for why he's sucked. The fact of the matter is most of these people will start jocking the kid as soon as he officially signs with the team, so why hate on him right now? He's holding out for more money.. So what? People are acting like he's already missed the entire season and is entering next year's draft. That hasn't happened. People need to calm down and wait until he actually starts missing the season before they start bashing the kid.. But it's obviously too late for that. This place is full of overreaction - all the time, no matter what the situation is.

Of course everyone overreacts, they're fans. You overreact with your wife because you love her, you overreact with your team because you love your team and it's players. The worst thing that can happen would be that he becomes a bust. Holding out for money has become detrimental to his image with fans. I hope we all forget about this when he starts making Pro Bowls. But if not, we won't forget. The fans are what matters, we pay their salaries so people will be mad right now but I want the kid to be a key part of out team, SO JUST SIGN THE DAMN CONTRACT!!
you overreact with your team because you love your team and it's players.

So let me get this straight.. Since we love our team and it's players so much, we overreact and talk sh*t about a player that will eventually be a big part of the team and it's success. That makes sense

Don't get me wrong, I do know what you're getting at, but like I said, I can't understand some of these people and their flip-flop ways. I just don't see the point in bashing somebody that most of these people will jock when he finally signs. Why not just hold off on the sh*t talking in the first place?

Then again, I might be thinking too logically for this particular forum.
you overreact with your team because you love your team and it's players.

So let me get this straight.. Since we love our team and it's players so much, we overreact and talk sh*t about a player that will eventually be a big part of the team and it's success. That makes sense

Don't get me wrong, I do know what you're getting at, but like I said, I can't understand some of these people and their flip-flop ways. I just don't see the point in bashing somebody that most of these people will jock when he finally signs. Why not just hold off on the sh*t talking in the first place?

Then again, I might be thinking too logically for this particular forum.

Personally I will not be so quick to jump on this head case's bandwagon, that't is just not the way i roll. IF he signs and I empisize IF, he will have to prove himself before I think about liking the guy. For me he has just put to much strain and negative energy into this franchise and that is the last thing this team needs. PEACE FROM THE FAN
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

No doubt about that.

If we selected orakpo or oher while crabtree was still on the board, the webzone would have exploded.

No-one could have seen the holdout coming

Couldnt have said it better
Share 49ersWebzone