There are 205 users in the forums

Wanna see Crabtree? Tune to ESPN2 now!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
All the signs point to another troubling INDIVIDUAL who will continually have demands. I doubt that he will be a TEAM PLAYER rather than a ME ME type player.

At this point, I don't think that it would be a big loss if the 49er's doesn't sign him. In fact they may be better off in the long run in terms of the teams cohesiveness.

A selfish individual can be disruptive to a team and Mike Singletary certainly doesn't need that this early in his coaching career.

I agree about Crabtree. I don't even want him on the team now. But it really hurts not to have one of the 10 best players in the draft on the team. We could have gotten another play maker or a right tackle or a pass rusher. We need all the good players we can get right now.
It would be foolish for the 49er's to bend to his request. Because if they do, they will be setting a precedence in that EVERY player who gets drafted (from here on) LOWER than they expected can then start making the same demands. It could become a League problem in the future.

With TWO first round draft picks the 49er's have coming to them in the next draft, they will need all the funds they can save to pay for them. And who knows that they won't be able to pick up a QB and a bonafide pass rusher which they SORELY need.

Let's face it, they had bigger needs this year than a wide receiver and the only reason he was pick was because of his status. They picked the BEST player available ... too bad he turned out to be a self centered selfish individual!

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Sep 2, 2009 at 23:38:27 ]
It would be foolish for the 49er's to bend to his request. Because if they do, they will be setting a precedence in that EVERY player who gets drafted (from here on) LOWER than they expected can then start making the same demands. It could become a League problem in the future.

With TWO first round draft picks the 49er's have coming to them in the next draft, they will need all the funds they can save to pay for them. And who knows that they won't be able to pick up a QB and a bonafide pass rusher which they SORELY need.

Let's face it, they had bigger needs this year than a wide receiver and the only reason he was pick was because of his status. They picked the BEST player available ... too bad he turned out to be a self centered selfish individual!

sup brah. I agree with mostly everything you say here but even though Crabtree is currently being judged on his current demands, lets remember Singletary did the same thing tothe Bears when he came into the league. Singletary is now a HOFer. So if Crabtree eventually signs, which I believe he will,all of this will be forgotten by most people if he produces on the field and stays out of trouble.
Originally posted by E-49er:

sup brah. I agree with mostly everything you say here but even though Crabtree is currently being judged on his current demands, lets remember Singletary did the same thing tothe Bears when he came into the league. Singletary is now a HOFer. So if Crabtree eventually signs, which I believe he will,all of this will be forgotten by most people if he produces on the field and stays out of trouble.

hey , the faster he signs the faster i forget this ever happened

Actually, since he's held out (and it if it's as bad as it seems), we won't even be seeing him on the field until 2010. -That's an insult to his teammates, and 49ers fans as a whole.

-In fact there's a guy on our roster that's been to 2 pro-bowls thus far, and was a player that should've went higher in the draft, he's still living off of the rookie salary he agreed to, and hasn't b***hed a single second/threatened about wanting more money due to his success.

Sure, Crabs will sign, but this won't be forgotten until we see how Crabs handles/behaves during his career year/extension negotiations. -Cause until then, he's tarnished his rep as a gold-digger looking for a meal ticket, other than a football player looking to earn his keep

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 3, 2009 at 00:57:26 ]
I ran into this straight Pimp up in Seattle and he had this to say about Mike's hold out.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 3, 2009 at 02:34:35 ]
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Right now, I could give a damn about that dude. As far as I'm concerned, he's not even a Niner until he f*cken signs. In the mean time he can blow himself.

Never truer words spoken bro.

Blows himself, and why not his entroge too, don't they deserve some love too for all the intelligence they hace shared with him?

WHAT A CLOWN!
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Actually, since he's held out (and it if it's as bad as it seems), we won't even be seeing him on the field until 2010. -That's an insult to his teammates, and 49ers fans as a whole.

-In fact there's a guy on our roster that's been to 2 pro-bowls thus far, and was a player that should've went higher in the draft, he's still living off of the rookie salary he agreed to, and hasn't b***hed a single second/threatened about wanting more money due to his success.

Sure, Crabs will sign, but this won't be forgotten until we see how Crabs handles/behaves during his career year/extension negotiations. -Cause until then, he's tarnished his rep as a gold-digger looking for a meal ticket, other than a football player looking to earn his keep

• Chief
  • Veteran
We wasted our number 10 pick in the 1st round.

That is a crying shame, we should of drafted Malcolm Jenkins.

[ Edited by Chief on Sep 3, 2009 at 09:56:06 ]
Originally posted by Tombo:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Ummmm Punters don't count. I can't remember a Punter EVER requesting more money over their rookie contract until it's time to sign a new contract.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by Chief:

am starting to think the same way now...........im off the Crabtree bandwagon

could of had Monroe with that pick

F**K!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by Chief:

am starting to think the same way now...........im off the Crabtree bandwagon

could of had Monroe with that pick

F**K!!!!!!!!!!

?

-9fA
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I cannot understand why this kid and his agent don't wise up. If he re-enters the draft he is is going to be picked lower than this year, no football for 2 years and can't work out for anyone? Add that to him holding out, he is going to cost himself a fortune if he
blows off 2009.
Maybe Moveon.org ought to key on this on. Maybe Niner fans ought to move on.
Originally posted by BobS:
I cannot understand why this kid and his agent don't wise up. If he re-enters the draft he is is going to be picked lower than this year, no football for 2 years and can't work out for anyone? Add that to him holding out, he is going to cost himself a fortune if he
blows off 2009.

Anyone know when then next part of this show comes on?
Share 49ersWebzone