LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

Wanna see Crabtree? Tune to ESPN2 now!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by carlgo:
He can sign for a billion dollars, but he still has to have catchable passes thrown his way.....

Seen Nate Davis throw a pass recently?
Originally posted by BobS:
I cannot understand why this kid and his agent don't wise up. If he re-enters the draft he is is going to be picked lower than this year, no football for 2 years and can't work out for anyone? Add that to him holding out, he is going to cost himself a fortune if he
blows off 2009.

This is why he will sign...he has zero leverage.
Originally posted by domesik:
He can sign for a billion dollars, but he still has to have catchable passes thrown his way.....

Exactly. I was being snarky and cynical. Well before Davis threw his first pre-season pass I posted that he would be playing before the end of the year. He is the only one who can make the wide receiver position important on this team.

If he doesn't play, it won't matter if Crabtree is signed or not. If the goal is to send some fast guy long every play to tire out the defenders, then just sign a random fast guy.
Originally posted by domesik:

Exactly. I was being snarky and cynical. Well before Davis threw his first pre-season pass I posted that he would be playing before the end of the year. He is the only one who can make the wide receiver position important on this team.

If he doesn't play, it won't matter if Crabtree is signed or not. If the goal is to send some fast guy long every play to tire out the defenders, then just sign a random fast guy.

Lol. Somebody like Darrius Heyward Bey perhaps? We could call it the Oakland, or the Al Davis theory and practice of football!
you know what, I dont care if I ever see him in a 49ers uniform. The guy can sit out and play for the lions next year for all I care...

I say, keep spurlock and let him have #15 or give it someone who deserves and wants it.
Originally posted by Chief:
We wasted our number 10 pick in the 1st round.

That is a crying shame, we should of drafted Malcolm Jenkins.

He was the best pick available. How could we have known the nice guy that we allowed to marry our daughter was a serial killer.

j/k but you get my meaning.
Share 49ersWebzone