There are 231 users in the forums

Espn just on--Regular Season Record

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Absolutely. We are around a .500 team. A lucky break in a game or two is the difference between going 6-10 or 10-6 and anything in-between.

7-9 is not an insult, nor is it giving us the benefit of the doubt in the close ones.

And we have done nothing, on the field, or with any of our off season moves to earn any kind of credit yet.

We still can run and stop the run. We still can't convert or stop the other teams from converting on 3rd and long. No pass rush and no dynamic QB or playmakers means we will struggle against better teams and win or lose close ones against the rest of the league.

It's as simple as that. And until we prove otherwise, we shouldn't expect anyone else to assume differently.
Originally posted by Youngone:
I'm tired of everyone jockin the Hawks nuts

Long after our last trip to the SB in '94 these same folks were riding our jockstrap.
It wasn't until Mooch got fired, and they brought on that wonderful Donahoe/Erickson tandem to run things that we started dropping off their radar.

You have to earn the media's respect, and the Seahawks have dominated the NFC West for quite a few years.

Maybe we ought to earn their respect before we go hammering on them. I for one
can understand their point of view. To put it lightly, we have been atrocious.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
until we get a legit, franchise QB that doesn't wear number 13, we'll get no respect.

I agree
We have to earn our RESPECT this year if we want any! I for one will take the underdog role this season to help motivate our team to punch people in the mouth.
I agree with Gruden.
until we get a legit, franchise QB, we'll get no respect.

We need to draft one high this next draft or go out and get a franchise guy!
You know what I'm tired of? People saying that the Niners get no respect. Well what the hell have they done in the last 6 years to EARN any respect? You don't just get respect handed out for being a dynasty 20 years ago. Until the Niners do something of note in the regular season (and not at the end of the year when other teams have quit) they will deservedly get no love from the national outlets.
Originally posted by ddc58:
I seen that, no respect. No one gives the niners a chance in the division. That's good motivation for the team though. In 06' when everyone was picking us as a sleeper looked how much good it did. I think it's good getting no respect.

Gotta earn that. What have we done in the past 6 years to earn the respect of the league. I'm as hopefull as the next person that Singletary can turn us into a legit team, but we certainly haven't earned any respect recently.
When a player(s) hear comments like this from the media they can use as motivation to prove everyone wrong.... Hopefully we can prove em wrong and surprise the critics and the media....
Originally posted by artiga1:
When a player(s) hear comments like this from the media they can use as motivation to prove everyone wrong.... Hopefully we can prove em wrong and surprise the critics and the media....

true, but the "little engine that could" attitude can only take you so far in this game. you either have physical ability to separate yourself from the pack, or you don't. hill's arm, MAY want to throw that deep route all day long, but we all know it aint gonna happen.

Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
until we get a legit, franchise QB, we'll get no respect.

We need to draft one high this next draft or go out and get a franchise guy!

If the niners don't use the two 1st round pics to get either bradford or McCoy, i'll officially have lost all faith in the organization. Pretending like our QB situation is good enough to win a championship, is just retarded.
I think it may be about right untill we show otherwise, They had Seahawks stealing the division but with their line troubles no matter how good hasselbeck is I don't see it they need to get healthy quick.
werent the SF giants also predicted to be last in the division this year lol. who knows what will happen though.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
werent the SF giants also predicted to be last in the division this year lol. who knows what will happen though.

still 30 plus games left in the season.
PRETTY UPSET WEBZONERS! NOT WITH WHAT SOMEONES OPINION IS... BUT THAT OUR OWN FANS WOULD AGREE WITH THAT. SHAUN HILL WAS 7-3 LAST YEAR AS OUR STARTER. WHY CAN'T YOU CLAIM HIM AS A WINNER?

[ Edited by alanbeez22 on Sep 1, 2009 at 10:33:19 ]
Share 49ersWebzone