There are 156 users in the forums

Espn just on--Regular Season Record

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
werent the SF giants also predicted to be last in the division this year lol. who knows what will happen though.

yeah predictions mean nothing, did anyone predict the Cardinals to make the superbowl last year?
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Just watching ESPN and heres what they said,

1. Our division was the worst in the NFL and our teams struggled mightily outside the division. Best part of the division, Arizona made it to the Super Bowl.

2. More than 9 wins by Arizona, Seattle wins more than 7 and they, if not Arizona will win the division. Rams no more than 5 wins

3. 7 or less wins for us from Jaws and Gruden,

Jaws: 7 is just the right number, Frank will get the running game goin and pound the football, but the inability to get the explosive plays from the QB will hurt us.

Gruden said: We have a ton of first rounders that really havent come in San Fran and played good in recent years. WE need to see more of Kentwan Balmer, he said again thats why i think even less wins than 7 this year. (During his rant when he talked about first rounders, they showed Lawson, Davis, and Smith, and Balmer)

Speak on it, if a Mod doesnt close it, do you guys agree, regardless of bias's?

i could care less what they think. that's their opinion! and what's funny is alot of you will agree! you guys want to agree that we'll be a 7 win team? you guys are ridiculous! whats up with that niners? might as well call it a season and not even show up to the games. what's the point of watching if we think we're gonna lose most of our games? i look at it this way. Jon Gruden is out of a job for a reason. he prolly thought he would win with what he had but he was wrong. just like how i feel he's wrong for calling us a 7 win team. we have shaun hill starting for us who last year made us winners! and no body is giving us a chance especially our OWN FANS! the WEBZONERS are even calling us a 7 win team. wtf is wrong with you guys! i dunno about you but i'm pulling for us to win 16 games. and i expect 16 wins! not "well the analyst say we're 7 wins so i'll agree with them". I SEE A HUGE PROBLEM WITH OUR FANS!
I say we win 10 games and make the first round of playoffs. Reason? We can run the ball with Gore Coffee and Norris blocking. I think these are the games we will win.

Sun Sep. 13 @Cardinals W
Sun Sep. 20 Seahawks - W
Sun Sep. 27 @Vikings - L
Sun Oct. 4 Rams - W
Sun Oct. 11 Falcons - L
BYE
Sun Oct. 25 @Texans W
Sun Nov. 1 @Colts - L
Sun Nov. 8 Titans - L
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - L
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - W
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - L
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - W
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

[ Edited by nyninerfan on Sep 1, 2009 at 10:38:48 ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I heard some dude on some radio show say we will win the west, cool.
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Just watching ESPN and heres what they said,

1. Our division was the worst in the NFL and our teams struggled mightily outside the division. Best part of the division, Arizona made it to the Super Bowl.

2. More than 9 wins by Arizona, Seattle wins more than 7 and they, if not Arizona will win the division. Rams no more than 5 wins

3. 7 or less wins for us from Jaws and Gruden,

Jaws: 7 is just the right number, Frank will get the running game goin and pound the football, but the inability to get the explosive plays from the QB will hurt us.

Gruden said: We have a ton of first rounders that really havent come in San Fran and played good in recent years. WE need to see more of Kentwan Balmer, he said again thats why i think even less wins than 7 this year. (During his rant when he talked about first rounders, they showed Lawson, Davis, and Smith, and Balmer)

Speak on it, if a Mod doesnt close it, do you guys agree, regardless of bias's?

i could care less what they think. that's their opinion! and what's funny is alot of you will agree! you guys want to agree that we'll be a 7 win team? you guys are ridiculous! whats up with that niners? might as well call it a season and not even show up to the games. what's the point of watching if we think we're gonna lose most of our games? i look at it this way. Jon Gruden is out of a job for a reason. he prolly thought he would win with what he had but he was wrong. just like how i feel he's wrong for calling us a 7 win team. we have shaun hill starting for us who last year made us winners! and no body is giving us a chance especially our OWN FANS! the WEBZONERS are even calling us a 7 win team. wtf is wrong with you guys! i dunno about you but i'm pulling for us to win 16 games. and i expect 16 wins! not "well the analyst say we're 7 wins so i'll agree with them". I SEE A HUGE PROBLEM WITH OUR FANS!

Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
werent the SF giants also predicted to be last in the division this year lol. who knows what will happen though.

yeah predictions mean nothing, did anyone predict the Cardinals to make the superbowl last year?

predictions are meaningless because you don't know anyone who predicted the Cards to go to the Ship last year?

Wow.
Originally posted by nyninerfan:
I say we win 10 games and make the first round of playoffs. Reason? We can run the ball with Gore Coffee and Norris blocking. I think these are the games we will win.

Sun Sep. 13 @Cardinals W
Sun Sep. 20 Seahawks - W
Sun Sep. 27 @Vikings - L
Sun Oct. 4 Rams - W
Sun Oct. 11 Falcons - L
BYE
Sun Oct. 25 @Texans W
Sun Nov. 1 @Colts - L
Sun Nov. 8 Titans - L
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - L
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - W
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - W
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

win over the packers, jags and eagles? let's hope.
PRETTY UPSET WEBZONERS! NOT WITH WHAT SOMEONES OPINION IS... BUT THAT OUR OWN FANS WOULD AGREE WITH THAT. SHAUN HILL WAS 7-3 LAST YEAR AS OUR STARTER. WHY CAN'T YOU CLAIM HIM AS A WINNER?

Dont get me wrong, I'm a Hill supporter given the QB situation we have right now. But he is not going to get us far or will not last for long. Also, just a correction... He was 5-3 last year. His starting record is 7-3, but 2 were from another year.
PRETTY UPSET WEBZONERS! NOT WITH WHAT SOMEONES OPINION IS... BUT THAT OUR OWN FANS WOULD AGREE WITH THAT. SHAUN HILL WAS 7-3 LAST YEAR AS OUR STARTER. WHY CAN'T YOU CLAIM HIM AS A WINNER?

How many of those wins were against legit teams? & by legit I mean playoff teams

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 1, 2009 at 10:51:28 ]
so I bet this guy thinks we're going 16-0. It's called being realistic. We're going to have to rely on our running game and defense to win the west. I don't think our running game is strong enough to support the lack of a passing game. 7-9 is a very realistic expectation for this team. Sure I'd like to say we're gonna go 10-6, but I don't see it happening. I'll still be cheering my ass off each weekend though.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
so I bet this guy thinks we're going 16-0. It's called being realistic. We're going to have to rely on our running game and defense to win the west. I don't think our running game is strong enough to support the lack of a passing game. 7-9 is a very realistic expectation for this team. Sure I'd like to say we're gonna go 10-6, but I don't see it happening. I'll still be cheering my ass off each weekend though.

Through all the Winning and all the Losing years, 1 thing has remained true.

The more realistic my expectations are, the more enjoyable the season is for me
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I heard some dude on some radio show say we will win the west, cool.

In such a mediocre and up in the air division, anybody can win it. Well, maybe not the Rams, but stranger things have happened.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

How many of those wins were against legit teams? & by legit I mean playoff teams

This. Listen we all hope for the best, but realistically we have a starting QB that is along the lines of Trent Dilfer minus some arm strength.
Originally posted by Digger25:
Originally posted by nyninerfan:

Sun Sep. 13 @Cardinals W
Sun Sep. 20 Seahawks - W
Sun Sep. 27 @Vikings - L
Sun Oct. 4 Rams - W
Sun Oct. 11 Falcons - L
BYE
Sun Oct. 25 @Texans W
Sun Nov. 1 @Colts - L
Sun Nov. 8 Titans - L
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - L
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - W
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - W
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

win over the packers, jags and eagles? let's hope.

yea, eagles in their house is probably a L. and i'd switch us beating the cards at home and losing in the desert. And that packers win probably will be hard-earned, if it is. I'd say we go 9-7 or 8-8. Who knows tho, 8-8 almost won our division last year, so we could still possibly go to the playoffs.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

i guess most of the webzoners are more about numbers then having actual faith that we actually can do something. it's a whole new season guys! we have a whole new staff and a whole new scheme. way better then what nolan put on the table. we may lack in some parts of the team but they don't call it any given sunday for nothing. now i could understand why some teams like the lions would be labeled as losers. but i wouldn't watch one game if i had the thought that we would just be a 7 win team. those teams we got wins against with shaun hill ya were not even .500 teams. but who woulda thought that the niners woulda been even able to beat them after the way we started last year with jt o'sulli?
Share 49ersWebzone