LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Our RB situation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by crzy:
Choosing Zak Keasey over Moran Norris was the biggest mistake we made last offseason.

LOL, you wanna expand why?

Norris is no good in Martz's offense.

-9fA

neither was keasey
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
RB: Gore, Coffee, Sheets
FB: Norris
FB/RB/ST: Robinson
PS: Miller
IR: Clayton(I will put money on his "knee sprain" being a season ender)
  • 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 23zack80:
RB: Gore, Coffee, Sheets
FB: Norris
FB/RB/ST: Robinson
PS: Miller
IR: Clayton(I will put money on his "knee sprain" being a season ender)

I agree. Once I saw Clayton go down and right away grab his knee it was probably more than a "knee sprain." Brit Miller might be a one preseason game wonder. But the NFL is unpredictable and anything can happen.
Choosing Zak Keasey over Moran Norris was the biggest mistake we made last offseason.

-9fA

Keasey is no good in ANY offense.

That's a good reason as to why it was a huge mistake to go with him.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Sheets like he could get some yards running outside, I'm not sure about his chances making the team

I think Gore, Coffee, Robinson are guaranteed spots

If we keep Norris I don't see us keeping Sheets

u never know, if were gonna be a punishing running team we cant have enought good backs. and sheets would be a good change of pace to the bruisers that we have in Gore and Coffee. not sold on Robinson as a RB yet

Robinson has proven he is not a good RB. He never will be. He lacks vision and explosiveness. People think he runs with power, but his 2 yard gains prove otherwise. He's made a few good plays in the passing game, which supporters will point out immediately, but for how many reps he's gotten so far, he should have far more plays to point to as evidence of him being any good. He's been in on far more plays than he should have been. I know this because I always notice when he's in there even before the snap.. It pisses me off that I know he is about to get an anemic 1 or 2 yards on a handoff - and then see it happen. The guy is a good special teamer, but he doesn't belong on the offensive side of the ball. The coaches and front office must feel the same way, seeing as how we drafted 2 RBs.
Originally posted by Num1player16:
I'm a huge Sheets fan, he is an excellent change of pace back. Gore and Coffee can wear down the opposing D with their smashmouth style then let Sheets break a few runs or screen passes.

Sheets stays! He has speed!
Originally posted by 49ersNorcal:
Did anyone see how Zak Keasey allowed 2 sacks on the opening drive vs the Broncos? Then goes and gets himself hurt on special teams? Idiot. Cut him. And keep Brit Miller. TWO TD'S!!!

One of those sacks was Hills fault. He had ample time, but held on too long.
I want to see more of Sheets on the edge, less of sheets in the A-gap, Coffee looked good in the A-gap. We were VERY vanilla in our play calling last night, thats okay for preseason,but I have got to hope we have a little trickery in our bag for the regular season.
Gore, Norris, Coffee and Robinson are locks IMO.

Keasey is done with the broken arm.

It looks like Clayton will be out for quite a while, if not the entire season.

So it comes down to Sheets or Miller assuming we keep five RB's.

SHEETS
Originally posted by Num1player16:
I'm a huge Sheets fan, he is an excellent change of pace back. Gore and Coffee can wear down the opposing D with their smashmouth style then let Sheets break a few runs or screen passes.

Sheet looked very good out there. He seems like he could break one at any moment.

Coffee looked good last night. He's got a quick lateral step that makes people miss. I saw him use that multiple times last night very effectively. He'll be a nice compliment to Gore.

-9fA

IN YO' FACE!!!

yeah there was no need for a FB in Martz' offense
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Gore and Coffee are gonna be an awesome duo in the backfield. Coffee is an impressive rookie.I'm hoping to see them keeping Sheets. He brings a good change into the game which could catch some teams off guard. Keasley has gotta go, broken arm and all. He always seems to get blown up. Robinson I personally don't think he fills any needs the niners have. Morris and Miller I hope to see have much success. Overall we have some beasts in the backfield that's for sure.
Clearly Sheets exhibited speed in last night Denver game.
  • Chico
  • Veteran

I was kinda rooting for Zak to make the team again but after last night...He was just getting overpowered by those Defensive Ends. They were running right over him.
Share 49ersWebzone