There are 180 users in the forums

Our RB situation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
Yeah everybody is talking about the QB battle. But lets talk about the running backs just for a change of pace. We know that Frank Gore is a given to make the team, and Glen Coffee has soon promise. I'm glad to see Moran Norris back on the team I think Zak Keasey is a career practice squad player or at the best a special teamer. The 49ers still have Michael Robinson on their roster who might get his roster spot due to special teams and the possiblity of him playing the QB during the Wildcat offense. Who do you want to make the team Thomas Clayton or Kory Sheets? And in the end I think the 49ers will pick Kory Sheets and have 4 RB on the team.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Choosing Zak Keasey over Moran Norris was the biggest mistake we made last offseason.
Originally posted by crzy:
Choosing Zak Keasey over Moran Norris was the biggest mistake we made last offseason.

Uhmmm Moran Norris was a beast in 2006 season when 9ers first sign him.

In our 2007 season Moran sucked "big time". In the 2008 season Moran was a Detroit Lion and part of a team that went 0-16.

Im not sure if we have the 2006 beastly Moran Norris or the 2007-2008 sucky Moran Norris?

Stay tuned.
i feel sorry for clayton

• 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
Did anyone see how Zak Keasey allowed 2 sacks on the opening drive vs the Broncos? Then goes and gets himself hurt on special teams? Idiot. Cut him. And keep Brit Miller. TWO TD'S!!!

LOL, you wanna expand why?

Norris is no good in Martz's offense.

-9fA
clayton needs to go, he was outplayed by everyback out there
Sheets like he could get some yards running outside, I'm not sure about his chances making the team

I think Gore, Coffee, Robinson are guaranteed spots

If we keep Norris I don't see us keeping Sheets
Originally posted by teeohh:
Sheets like he could get some yards running outside, I'm not sure about his chances making the team

I think Gore, Coffee, Robinson are guaranteed spots

If we keep Norris I don't see us keeping Sheets

u never know, if were gonna be a punishing running team we cant have enought good backs. and sheets would be a good change of pace to the bruisers that we have in Gore and Coffee. not sold on Robinson as a RB yet
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
clayton needs to go, he was outplayed by everyback out there

... that will happen when you blow your knee out

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

LOL, you wanna expand why?

Norris is no good in Martz's offense.

-9fA

Keasey should only be allowed to play on the special teams unit, he sux at FB IMO....
Morris > Keasey at FB no comp!

I bet if MRob got a lil bigger he would be a beast at FB
FB: Norris & Miller
RB: Gore, Coffee, Sheets
... M Rob (special teams/injury insurance)?
Originally posted by 49erAddict:
FB: Norris & Miller
RB: Gore, Coffee, Sheets
... M Rob (special teams/injury insurance)?

Miller got his Rathman on tonight

No having JTO start all those games was the biggest mistake of last year although the signing of Martz as OC isn't far behind glad to see those jerks outta here.
I'm a huge Sheets fan, he is an excellent change of pace back. Gore and Coffee can wear down the opposing D with their smashmouth style then let Sheets break a few runs or screen passes.
Share 49ersWebzone