LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 360 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by 190836:
Scott McCloughan is responsible for this garbage. When is he going to answer for his draft picks. These are all his players.

do the coaches get no accountability for not developing properly? (i understand if the players suck, no amount of coaching is gonna help)

It is past time to clean house from coaches on up. WAY past time.
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex is just a loser. Every niner fan just needs to accept it and move on.

People seem to forget the games that Alex Smith actually WON us earlier in his career. Lower self-confidence or not, I don't see how he suddenly became less clutch all of a sudden.

Yeah, Smith made some mistakes, but it's not like he was the one negative on a team full of positives. Not even like he was the worst player. Smith may not be "the answer," but we'll never know if his O-line gives up pressure every. single. play.
Josh Morgan looked terrible today. He looked just like a 6th round pick! Uh, wait...
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex is just a loser. Every niner fan just needs to accept it and move on.

People seem to forget the games that Alex Smith actually WON us earlier in his career. Lower self-confidence or not, I don't see how he suddenly became less clutch all of a sudden.

Yeah, Smith made some mistakes, but it's not like he was the one negative on a team full of positives. Not even like he was the worst player. Smith may not be "the answer," but we'll never know if his O-line gives up pressure every. single. play.

Smitherception
This team needs 2 new OLB's. VY doesn't have to clean his jersey this week.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Again...This ISN'T ALL ON ALEX SMITH But if he truly believes he can be our future...he needs to man up & claim responsiblity for his mistakes, just as Josh with his & O-line with theirs.
We are done with Smith, OLINE, OC, GM, all coaches. We scored a TD in garbage time, I'm sure Alex will win us some games in Dec when no one really cares.
In short, I'm tired.
Shut up Sing...
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
lets give ALex Smith a few more games...

then we'll know for sure about Smith..

this always cracks me up....God knows how many times I have heard this.

i guess what i'm saying is...if we end up loosing more games with Smith...then lets start developing Nate Davis...But let Alex play out a few more games..IMHO

so you want to ride or die with Alex...I understand... I posted about this earlier today....but I'm also a Niner fan....and I think we can still make the playoffs....so I want to see what Hill can do, if he can keep us in games......

the thing is Alex was playing at home against a struggling defense and had 3ints and 2 fumbles.... I wasn't expecting this AT ALL in this game....but am not surprised, I've seen this before.....

so I'd go with Shaun....see if the o'l dink and dunk...mixed in with what we saw today (I actually like the game Raye called for once....the flow of the game seemed different)......and go from there.

like Singletary said.... we are not a charity.....we can't have turnovers like this....we won't get anywhere....

now if Shaun comes in and can't sustain drives....those can also be considered turnovers...then we should go to Nate Davis......but I still feel we can win some games and make a push at the playoffs....

Afrikan, BRUH, did you NOT see the Atlanta game?

Did you NOT see Smith keep us IN the Colts game?

Did you NOT see the Houston v. Colts score?

What gives you ANY indication that Hill can even keep up against solid teams like that?

Nevermind that we lost. But today we had a couple things go completely against us that were beyond our control. Take into account that we lost to a solid Playoff team from last year that is decimated by injuries just like we are. Staley is on the Line and Snyder would not have been on the field. I honestly think that Sims held his own today. So when Joe gets back I think that he should be the RT for the rest of the season and Jed needs to get another GM who understands that the Line is the most important unit and is not afraid to pay them a solid amount.

Why do we get the $h|TTiE$t OL personnel each and every season. I'm stymied at the ineptness that starts with the GM. This can't be possible. And yet we see it year in and year out.

~Ceadder
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nes49:
Again...This ISN'T ALL ON ALEX SMITH But if he truly believes he can be our future...he needs to man up & claim responsiblity for his mistakes, just as Josh with his & O-line with theirs.

he has had +4 years to do that.

still havent seen it.

Sing looks like he's ready to cry in post game. I feel bad for him. I wish his players all had the heart he does.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:
Josh Morgan looked terrible today. He looked just like a 6th round pick! Uh, wait...

Jason Hill played better.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Sing looks like he's ready to cry in post game. I feel bad for him. I wish his players all had the heart he does.

I don't, it's his job.
Originally posted by mitpdub:

He lost this team and he knows it! The season is over!
Lack of consistent execution by the offense.
Share 49ersWebzone