LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: Crabtree Foot Rehab Status

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Receiver Michael Crabtree continues to ease into his rehab under the watchful eye of the team's training staff. Singletary said Crabtree is competitive and eager to get back to full work. He said Crabtree "about had tears in his eyes" during the team's first minicamp when Singletary told him to stop running routes. He said Crabtree must remain on the plan so that he's ready to hit the practice field to begin competing for a job when training camp opens. Crabtree underwent surgery to repair a stress fracture in his right foot in March.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/06/singletary-pleased-with-weeks-work.html

Is it cool or not cool the Crab was tearing up?

It's cool to me, shows he has a passion for the game and really wants to get out there and work hard.

I agree.

It tells me something about him...it tells me he isn't a "collect my paycheck" kinda player. He WANTS to practice and he WANTS to play.
Originally posted by King49er:
I can wait until he's scoring TD's as a 49er

49ers coach Mike Singletary almost made first-round pick Michael Crabtree cry by ordering him to quit running routes on the side of practice while the rookie was recovering from foot surgery.

Crabtree had not been cleared at the time. He since has been. "'I'm not angry or anything. I just want you to know, you have to do everything the doctors want you to do so that you can get better,'" Singletary said. "I'm not worried about what you can do. We drafted you at No. 10. We know what you can do
I cant wait to see him running routes and burning people left and right!!!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

The hands, the hands...I can't wait for those hands to grab everything thrown his way this season. I think this kid will dominate once he is completely healed from his injury and has confidence in it. That first preseason game against Denver will be an eye-opener for many.

Me included.
Originally posted by ninertico:

The hands, the hands...I can't wait for those hands to grab everything thrown his way this season. I think this kid will dominate once he is completely healed from his injury and has confidence in it. That first preseason game against Denver will be an eye-opener for many.

Me included.

CoSign

Not that it really matters with Crabtree.... but im still curious, once his foot completely heals if anyone in the 9ers organization will put a stop watch on him to finally end the mystery of his 40 time, simply because they also want to know too.

What if he runs a 4.4 in addition to his already known positive mental and physical WR skills. Would the Raiders barf after hearing that?

[ Edited by BigMar on Jun 15, 2009 at 15:49:59 ]
Originally posted by BigMar:

Not that it really matters with Crabtree.... but im still curious, once his foot completely heals if anyone in the 9ers organization will put a stop watch on him to finally end the mystery of his 40 time, simply because they also want to know too.

What if he runs a 4.4 in addition to his already known positive mental and physical WR skills. Would the Raiders barf after hearing that?

Nah, as long as Hey-Bey runs .0001 faster, they think they got the better end of the deal.
Gotta love Al Davis.

I'd love to know his 40 time as well. Maybe they will let em surprise everyone on the field?
Originally posted by frankie:

I'd love to know his 40 time as well. Maybe they will let em surprise everyone on the field?

40 times are overrated

Originally posted by GoNiners:

40 times are overrated

Agreed.... but just the same , you would think the 9ers themselves are curious how fast Crabtree really is.

I recall reading an article were Crabtree boasted he could indeed run a 4.4 or 4.5
Well he will have 88 speed in madden 2010 for what it's worth
Originally posted by GoNiners:

40 times are overrated

This is true, there is track speed and game speed. Everyone knows the history on rice with his 40 time! I would still like to know his 40 time. He aint slow we all know this.
FYI Crabtree ran a 4.6 as a 17 yr old HS QB.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
FYI Crabtree ran a 4.6 as a 17 yr old HS QB.

4.6?

Maybe he is a bit faster today?
Share 49ersWebzone