LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 353 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: Crabtree Foot Rehab Status

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by backontop:
why is everyone putting so much emphasis on his speed? Look at VD he has a great 40 time but how much has he produced. Now don't get me wrong I am not a VD hater. I am a firm believer that he has not been given the opportunities to make the plays because he is always left in to block. Good route running, ability to create seperation and great hands are what is needed to be a great WR.

No one is putting "emphasis on his speed". Majority of folks are simply "curious" what Crabtree's 40 time really is.... probablly even the 9ers, thats all.

Frankly, im curious who is our fastest and slowest WR and RB?

I'm guessing Hill or Morgan are the fastest WR's; Battle the slowest.

RB's: Sheets fastest, Robinson slowest
He just needs a soak and a pedicure and he's good to go.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
why is everyone putting so much emphasis on his speed? Look at VD he has a great 40 time but how much has he produced. Now don't get me wrong I am not a VD hater. I am a firm believer that he has not been given the opportunities to make the plays because he is always left in to block. Good route running, ability to create seperation and great hands are what is needed to be a great WR.

No one is putting "emphasis on his speed". Majority of folks are simply "curious" what Crabtree's 40 time really is.... probablly even the 9ers, thats all.

I really thought Jason Hill with his combination of size and speed would turn out to be a great WR....but to date, Morgan is clearly overshadowing him.

I really thought Jason Hill with his combination of size and speed would turn out to be a great WR....but to date, Morgan is clearly overshadowing him.

sounds like TO and JJ Stokes all over again

sounds like TO and JJ Stokes all over again

Except Stokes never had Jason Hills speed.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I hope there won't be a problem with getting Michael Crabtree signed to a contract. Oakland kind of worries me because I'm sure they will overpay for DHB! What if Crabtree holds out for more money? After all, he did put up WAAAY better numbers in college!

this
Something to think about but I'm sure we will sign him before training camp starts.
Any updates about Crabtree's foot?
Any updates about Crabtree's foot?

yes he has 2 of them, haha jk, i dont think there has been any updates on it as of yet, im sure he will be reading for training camp
People say he doesn't have a 4.3 speed and he's not a T.O. build in terms of size and strength...so what makes Crabtree good?

That's what I've been wondering too...so I have been looking at alot of Crabtree highlights on youtube to see what the analyst are raving about...

For one thing, Crabtree has very fluid hip movements. It seems he can change directions with his body and hips very smoothly and quickly. If you take a look at alot of his RAC, he seems to be able to change directions while maintaining good acceleration. Others may be 4.3 straight line speed but are very stiff and non very fluid when changing directions or adjusting for the ball when running routes or RAC. (i.e. Vernon) I've seen some Heyward Bey highlights on youtube and IMHO he's doesn't seem as fluid in his movements as Crabtree.

Another thing is Crabtree has SURE hands...he seems to catch anything thrown his way..

Vision and route running....Crabtree seems to know where to go and how to separate from his defenders. If you take a look at alot of his short goal line TDs catches...you see how he gains separation with short breaks...

The IT factor....Crabtree seems to have this....he kind of reminds me of a little Deon Sanders in terms of attitude...

I would say Crabtree reminds me of a Jerry Rice, not 4.3 speed, not strong like TO, but seems to catch everything thrown his way and has the ability to change directions with good route running....

my 2 cents...but the jury is still out.

Originally posted by ginseng1000:
People say he doesn't have a 4.3 speed and he's not a T.O. build in terms of size and strength...so what makes Crabtree good?

That's what I've been wondering too...so I have been looking at alot of Crabtree highlights on youtube to see what the analyst are raving about...

For one thing, Crabtree has very fluid hip movements. It seems he can change directions with his body and hips very smoothly and quickly. If you take a look at alot of his RAC, he seems to be able to change directions while maintaining good acceleration. Others may be 4.3 straight line speed but are very stiff and non very fluid when changing directions or adjusting for the ball when running routes or RAC. (i.e. Vernon) I've seen some Heyward Bey highlights on youtube and IMHO he's doesn't seem as fluid in his movements as Crabtree.

Another thing is Crabtree has SURE hands...he seems to catch anything thrown his way..

Vision and route running....Crabtree seems to know where to go and how to separate from his defenders. If you take a look at alot of his short goal line TDs catches...you see how he gains separation with short breaks...

The IT factor....Crabtree seems to have this....he kind of reminds me of a little Deon Sanders in terms of attitude...

I would say Crabtree reminds me of a Jerry Rice, not 4.3 speed, not strong like TO, but seems to catch everything thrown his way and has the ability to change directions with good route running....

I agree, but the Jerry Rice comparison is pushing it.
Originally posted by cestmoi:

I think he was just comparing the style of reciever he is and not comparing the greatness.
Originally posted by cestmoi:

I think he was just comparing the style of reciever he is and not comparing the greatness.

If you want to compare receivers that he actually has a legitimate shot at being similar to in terms of production, I'm thinking Anquan Boldin with TO's nose for the endzone.
Another interesting thing to note about Michael Crabtree is that he was a very good HS quarterback, so he has a sense of more of an offense than just running routes.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets placed on the field in Raye's offense. If it's in the slot (with Morgan and Bruce outside) and he gets to roam into soft spots across the middle, he may be able to put up Welker-like numbers.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him in game action.
Originally posted by Yetiman:
Another interesting thing to note about Michael Crabtree is that he was a very good HS quarterback, so he has a sense of more of an offense than just running routes.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets placed on the field in Raye's offense. If it's in the slot (with Morgan and Bruce outside) and he gets to roam into soft spots across the middle, he may be able to put up Welker-like numbers.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him in game action.

^
Nice I wouldn't mind seeing this neither, welker is a big part of the patriots offense. He helps out moss just as much as moss helps him!
Hope crabtree tears it up before the end of the season!

I say this cause most rooks usually take a yr to start their groove
Share 49ersWebzone