LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: Crabtree Foot Rehab Status

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GoNiners42
  • Info N/A
interesting. i do not know for sure what his injury was. i always assumed it was a 5th metatarsal fracture which is what the articles i posted pertain to. they put a screw up the shaft of the metatarsal. i heard chris carter talk one day and he said he had the same toe injury and i assumed it was the fifth toe. i am going to look it up now. will let u know.
  • GoNiners42
  • Info N/A
Fifth metatarsal. from ESPN. The articles i posted do pertain to this injury. Thanks for keeping me honest.

"In fact, stress fractures are a common foot injury—famously suffered by Jevon Kearse and Yao Ming—and relatively easy to get over, provided the athlete stays off his foot until it heals. Crabtree has done just that since his March 4 surgery, when a screw was inserted into his fifth metatarsal. A recovery time of eight to 10 weeks will have him healed well ahead of training camp."

i would love to get the same job as the womna who does the espn fantasy football injury report. would be a dream.
Originally posted by GoNiners42:
Fifth metatarsal. from ESPN. The articles i posted do pertain to this injury. Thanks for keeping me honest.

"In fact, stress fractures are a common foot injury—famously suffered by Jevon Kearse and Yao Ming—and relatively easy to get over, provided the athlete stays off his foot until it heals. Crabtree has done just that since his March 4 surgery, when a screw was inserted into his fifth metatarsal. A recovery time of eight to 10 weeks will have him healed well ahead of training camp."

i would love to get the same job as the womna who does the espn fantasy football injury report. would be a dream.

Ok, thanks. Yeah, it sounds like he had an ORIF (open reduction internal fixation) of a stress/avulsion fracture of the 5th metatarsal base with screw fixation which is a common foot injury. I've done this procedure several times.

Stress fractures don't usually require surgery. However, there is a poor blood supply in the area of the 5th metatarsal base which can cause healing problems so they might've chosen surgery to be safe since his career depends on it's proper healing.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I hope there won't be a problem with getting Michael Crabtree signed to a contract. Oakland kind of worries me because I'm sure they will overpay for DHB! What if Crabtree holds out for more money? After all, he did put up WAAAY better numbers in college!

We just need to sign Crabtree before Al Davis overpays for their mistake of a pick.
Share 49ersWebzone