LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Originally posted by teeohh:
are there any other "open" stadiums in the nfl?

Seattle!

As well as the Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Jags, Titans, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Eagles, Redskins, Bears, Packers, Panthers, Bucs, and us all play in open air stadiums.

Thats not what they mean by "open".

Yes all those stadiums are open air stadiums, but what this new stadium is featuring is an etirely open stadium...IE the concourses are all exposed to the elements.

The ENTIRE stadium, wherever you are, has and "open" feeling to it. Look at the pictures and you can see people on almost every level, even when not in their seats.

I have NO idea if this is a good thing or not (sounds cool for a warm climate), but thats what they mean by "open".
One change I'd like to see is the addition of an overhang above the upper deck to reflect more crowd noise into the bowl. Other than that I'm cool with the design.

If it was in Hunters Point with a huge view of the bay and smell of pigeon crap yeah. But here in a parkin lot next to one of the worst playlands in da USA, naw.. sucks.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
One change I'd like to see is the addition of an overhang above the upper deck to reflect more crowd noise into the bowl. Other than that I'm cool with the design.

How about a change to Hunters Point?

I'm wondering man, how much money you got? Coz now we will have PSL and $500 a game seats, aint that frickin groovy??

I feel sorry for all the newbies to NFL football, and the Niners. I was in my seats for $60- $90 at the 45yrd line from the Catch to THE END...

One of the very best things about getting old; I saw it, you probably didn't, and NEVER WILL again(run the ball, run, run, more beer I wanna sleep) and if they do, they have to pay their moms burial bill to pay for a couple games. Greedy sum bieaatchs...

Truth hurt, live it..
Originally posted by 49123:
The only thing that's missing is the huge bronze statutes at the top of the pedestrian walkways over looking the field.

Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Steve Young would be great starters!!!

Ronnie Lott
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

I'm wondering man, how much money you got? Coz now we will have PSL and $500 a game seats, aint that frickin groovy??

I feel sorry for all the newbies to NFL football, and the Niners. I was in my seats for $60- $90 at the 45yrd line from the Catch to THE END...

One of the very best things about getting old; I saw it, you probably didn't, and NEVER WILL again(run the ball, run, run, more beer I wanna sleep) and if they do, they have to pay their moms burial bill to pay for a couple games. Greedy sum bieaatchs...

Truth hurt, live it..

Fans will bear the burden of PSL's for Santa Clara just like they would with a Hunter's Point deal or a major renovation of the Stick. Live with that.

BTW I've watched nearly every second of every game from about 1977 to now and have great memories of the Stick. Those memories won't leave me just because they're playing in a new stadium 40 miles away.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jun 10, 2010 at 07:12:10 ]
I'm a Fan - Of a New Stadium.... I have only one critisism of this
design, and thats that I wish it was closed in more for crowd noise...
And that it leaves a blank space for where more seating could be...

But bring it on... Maybe there will be some conceptual changes as
this thing progresses... But I'm Hyped about having a New Stadium...

One Fear though: I hope San Fran doesn't try and pull a Cleveland
Browns on us, and try to keep San Francisco's Name... Just wouldn't
be the same.... Ugh
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by FriscoKid220:
You guys always get hyped off of anything the niners do. No matter if it's weak a** players or a weak a** stadium. It doesn't take away from the fact that we have the only half stadium in the league. So what if it has the largest lower deck. Big f**king deal. So half of the stadium is for the fans and the other half is for the rich snobs. They get their own half of the field so they can be in their little box seats. Screw this stupid stadium. It's about as good as all of your dumb opinions that always seem to be wrong. This is the next step in the failure of the stupid webzone click. You guys are "Homers"

i regret the time that i took to read that.

-9fA

+1
I like it! The new stadium website is nice too.....
Originally posted by A9R4Life:
I'm a Fan - Of a New Stadium.... I have only one critisism of this
design, and thats that I wish it was closed in more for crowd noise...
And that it leaves a blank space for where more seating could be...

But bring it on... Maybe there will be some conceptual changes as
this thing progresses... But I'm Hyped about having a New Stadium...

One Fear though: I hope San Fran doesn't try and pull a Cleveland
Browns on us, and try to keep San Francisco's Name... Just wouldn't
be the same.... Ugh

Agreee! The name has to stay the same........

Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by FriscoKid220:
You guys always get hyped off of anything the niners do. No matter if it's weak a** players or a weak a** stadium. It doesn't take away from the fact that we have the only half stadium in the league. So what if it has the largest lower deck. Big f**king deal. So half of the stadium is for the fans and the other half is for the rich snobs. They get their own half of the field so they can be in their little box seats. Screw this stupid stadium. It's about as good as all of your dumb opinions that always seem to be wrong. This is the next step in the failure of the stupid webzone click. You guys are "Homers"

i regret the time that i took to read that.

-9fA

+1

Wait... he's upset because the other side of the stadium doesn't have nosebleed seats?

Truth hurt, live it..
Someone need a hug?

[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Jun 10, 2010 at 09:51:14 ]

Truth hurt, live it..

Nah, the truth depends on your point of view and always has and will.

[ Edited by ninertico on Jun 10, 2010 at 10:09:54 ]
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
At first i hated it, but its growing on me.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The only thing that's grown on me is the nice entrance.
Share 49ersWebzone