LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

I want to know what materials they plan to use
Originally posted by teeohh:

Paper Mache, glue, and recycled compost.
Time to get my "Green IT" certificate from CompTIA so I can work on this project!

i like the look of it but the harmonics don't seem conducive to a really loud stadium that would create a big home field advantage
I do think as some have stated that the 2nd and third tiers could be moved closer or over hang, maybe moved in 10-20 feet, however, the reason it won't is that design wise you would need to add supports that might get in the viewing way of those on the first level.

Still it will be better for the fan in the upper decks because they are supposed to be about 40 feet lower since no suites or club seats will be there and that is a lot. Also the fans looks like they can go to the concession and still see the game while waiting or turn around and see the action.

Still, until it gets built won't know how good the seats are. I am willing to bet though that the concession stands for you fans that get to go to the game are going to be top of the line.

Hunters point, after all the reading, had so much problems. People who are whining about it being moved out of SF, should realize that the same financial burdens at SC will be the same and then some in SF. People forget that the place is a toxic dump that needs to be cleaned up and transportation is ill prepared and non existant. I truly believe as a 49ers football fan the fan experience will be greater at SC as they plan several things within the facility that would not get built if in SF.

Plus for other events like concerts it will be unique as they sell the suites and club seats to celeberties or the rich, allowing SC to make more from the event than an ordinary stadium.
only 49ers fans could be trapped in a old dumpy stadium we can barely use, have the possibility of the team having to move to LA because they cant get anything new, and then whine and complain that the new stadium design isnt cool.

bunch of spoiled bay area babies. the new stadium proposed looks JUST like all the other nice new stadiums teams have gotten this past decade. Patriots, Steelers, Eagles, Broncos, etc. be grateful we are close to getting a state of the art facility that will guarantee the team stays in the bay area for a very long time.

this is the most we can afford in CA. the property here is 10 times more expensive to build on than anywhere else. Jerry Jones can build the deathstar in TX because its cheaper. our field wont be able to move out of the stadium and get sunlight, nor will it have a retractable roof. but if we start WINNING, nobody is going to give a crap.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I think it's awesome.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Paper Mache, glue, and recycled compost.

recycled pieces from the Stick combined with those mentioned above

http://santaclaraca.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=2754

Mostly concrete and steel
Originally posted by nekst:
The Seahawks have crowd noise and the Cardinals have the retractable roof. What do the 49ers have? A huge opening in the side of the stadium with a lot of luxury boxes? I guess we won't really know until the stadium is built...

I would rather have the crowd noise!

It would be fine if they can get it done. I'd just like to see them get it done. But honestly I think they could do better than that design.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by nekst:
The Seahawks have crowd noise and the Cardinals have the retractable roof. What do the 49ers have? A huge opening in the side of the stadium with a lot of luxury boxes? I guess we won't really know until the stadium is built...

I remember in the latest video about the stadium that it's supposed to be the loudest now due to design of the stadium. At least, that is what they say...

Where is that video?
lol who is voting "hate it"??

be glad we might even get a stadium. we play in one of the most run down dumps in the NFL (will all due respect to the history of the Stick).

the stadium were in now is extremely old, run down, and is located in a cold, windy, isolated spot where getting out of the parking lot takes hours.

beggars cant be choosers. the stadium design theyve come out with doesnt exactly look like itll be the best in the entire league, but its leaps and bounds better than where were at. especially because moving into that place will keep us in the bay area guaranteed for decades to come, and boost our revenue. it will be brand new and state of the art.

anyone voting "hate it" needs to quit whining.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 12, 2011 at 1:40 AM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol who is voting "hate it"??

be glad we might even get a stadium. we play in one of the most run down dumps in the NFL (will all due respect to the history of the Stick).

the stadium were in now is extremely old, run down, and is located in a cold, windy, isolated spot where getting out of the parking lot takes hours.

beggars cant be choosers. the stadium design theyve come out with doesnt exactly look like itll be the best in the entire league, but its leaps and bounds better than where were at. especially because moving into that place will keep us in the bay area guaranteed for decades to come, and boost our revenue. it will be brand new and state of the art.

anyone voting "hate it" needs to quit whining.

Since, I am on the outside looking in, where is the city on this project? Is it moving forward?
Ever seen one of those Giant Construction type shows where fabulous structures are built in Dubai and other small countries?

Something like their Princes build, rather than ours... Something immensely expensive and difficult that becomes an architectural landmark forever and spotlights the incredible tradition of this area and of the 49ers...

Oh, well, back to reality. It would be interesting to see some competing designs, maybe tweaks and details that might make a big difference.

And you have to hope that mundane things like wind currents have been attended to. Remember what happened at Candlestick where the open end let in severe winds and they had to block that off.
Share 49ersWebzone