LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by southpaw854:
Niner fan here living in Milwaukee....The wife and I are planning a trip to SF next fall to FINALLY see a home Niners game (I go to Lambeau when SF plays there). I want to see Candlestick because of the long, rich history, etc. However, I have heard that the actual stadium is a piece of crap so now Im thinking about waiting a year. Is it worth seeing Candlestick or just wait for the new stadium. If I go this fall, Im definitely driving down to Santa Clara to see the new one regardless. Along w/ that...any tips on where to stay or what to do/avoid, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, go Niners!

I'd check out the 'stick....just don't expect a great stadium.

Its not Lambeau. The place was built for Baseball so has small walkways and gets jammed up easily. The temporary seating on the visitor sideline became permanent seating, but it still looks a bit like a high school gym. Its usually the coldest place in the bay because of its location and its pretty much falling apart...

...yet despite all that I still love the old girl. I'll miss her when she's gone. So much history in that place.
stadium looks like it's going to be LOUD
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i understand there's still a lot more to do that we cant see but it looks like it will be way ahead of schedule. i wonder what events they'll hold before the 2014 season starts

I would ask Marvin. He has a lot of knowledge about the stadium and he lives and works near there.

Sports events-wise the most likely candidate is a SJ Earthquakes "big draw" game (usually against either rival LA or a "friendly" against a Euro club) which might be held at the new SC stadium if its finished ahead of schedule and ready by next spring...recently the Quakes have held such games at Stanford (they used to do them at the 'Stick or Coliseum) but it would make sense for all parties if the game was held in Santa Clara: its even closer to the Quakes fan demographic, and as a "trial run" for the new stadium and 49ers to work out all the teething problems and how a big attendance can be handled. Currently, the Quakes are building their own new soccer-specific stadium next to SJC airport (supposed to be finished by spring '14 as well) and their contractor (Devcon) is coincidentally one of the same ones working on the 49ers new stadium, so there's that connection as well.

There is the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl college game that will also be an annual event at the new stadium, but that most likely won't first be held there until Dec '14 or Jan 2015.

The last possibility might be something like a concert next summer before preseason.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Mar 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM ]

My seats are about 10-15 yards from where this pic was taken.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

So you and Marvin won't be too far away, right?

I've been looking at what's still available ... almost completely upper deck, but I'm seriously considering purchasing.

$2,000 SBL and $85 per game ... I might just HAVE To
^

I've been looking at what's still available ... almost completely upper deck, but I'm seriously considering purchasing.

Well, I'm on the endzone and he's on the sideline. But I guess we aren't that far away from each other.
Well, I'm on the endzone and he's on the sideline. But I guess we aren't that far away from each other.

Close enough to meet on the esplanade and high five

I'm trying to decide on endzone or sideline .. I'm actually thinking endzone ....

I'm trying to decide on endzone or sideline .. I'm actually thinking endzone ....

Anything will be good. Looks like there isn't a bad seat in the house.
Originally posted by MrPerfect:

Anything will be good. Looks like there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Well, no, there isn't. It's simply a matter of what perspective do I want? And if I do pull the trigger, do I get one or two seats? Touch call - but I think 2.

What sec Stoney?

I'm on this side too, but my sec isn't built yet..128
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

What sec Stoney?

I'm above you. Sec 327.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

What sec Stoney?

I'm above you. Sec 327.

And I'm looking at section 422 .... a little further East than y'all. And if I could afford 128, there's still seats available
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 28, 2013 at 8:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone