There are 268 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Originally posted by evil:
Time share, but Devin Singletary is expected to be the starter in name.

That's just the fantasy heads speaking. Frank is better by far, in fact I don't think Sing ever projects to be a starter. Too small and slow. Ideal for a backup though.

Lol those 2 inches of height difference, cmon now.

They let McCoy go cause they thought they saw enough from Singletary. Gore is 36 and not projected starter.

Time will be split yes, but their focus is on Singletary.

Ya everything that i read says that Gore is the backup. This has nothing to do with fantasy football.

Come on guys, if you are real Niner fans you should know better. Did you guys even bother to look at the stats or just reading the hype on Singletary? He only averaged 3.5 YPC in preseason against backups, Gore averaged 6.4 YPC and did most of his work against the loaded Lions DL anchored by Snacks Harrison.

Look I think Sing will be a solid backup as a pro because he's got great vision and is very slippery, but the amount of hype is hilarious for an undersized, slow 3rd round rook in a terrible RB draft class that averaged 3.5 YPC in preseason.

What does being a real niner fan have anything to do with the bills rb situation?
What does being a real niner fan have anything to do with the bills rb situation?

I get heated when anyone talks bad on Frank.

But seriously, I don't know what you're reading because none of the Bills beat writers have said that Singletary is the starter, just that he will get more work with Shady gone. And he's definitely not going to get more work than Frank. You can go all the way back to Glen Coffee, Dixon, Hunter, LMJ, Hyde, Mack, Drake. Sing is not better than half those guys, especially not Mack and Drake from Frank's past two years.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Multiple Websites have Frank the Tank starting today!! Gonna have to check it out
Originally posted by jcs:
Multiple Websites have Frank the Tank starting today!! Gonna have to check it out

11 carries for 20 yards while Singletary ran wild. I'm guessing there won't be anymore questions about who the starter is in Buffalo.

I get heated when anyone talks bad on Frank.

But seriously, I don't know what you're reading because none of the Bills beat writers have said that Singletary is the starter, just that he will get more work with Shady gone. And he's definitely not going to get more work than Frank. You can go all the way back to Glen Coffee, Dixon, Hunter, LMJ, Hyde, Mack, Drake. Sing is not better than half those guys, especially not Mack and Drake from Frank's past two years.
Sounds like you need anger management if you get upset over someone criticizing a football player. lol Who cares? Frank sure as hell doesn't.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jcs:

11 carries for 20 yards while Singletary ran wild. I'm guessing there won't be anymore questions about who the starter is in Buffalo.
but but but...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
frank can get those two or three tough yards at crunch time. we still struggle to do that
Originally posted by cciowa:
frank can get those two or three tough yards at crunch time. we still struggle to do that

it sucks he only got 20 yards yesterday.
Rough game, I think the last time he got outplayed so badly by a teammate was 2017 when he played us and Mack ran wild. My eyes tell me he got screwed by poor blocking, whereas Singletary got truck lanes to run through, but in the end the stats are the stats.

I was optimistic about his role on the Bills throughout training camp, but after the first week it looks like they only plan to use him in heavy sets. In a way, Frank is a victim of his own success in that many of his OCs past and present just run him straight up the gut. Last year was great because Gase ran him out of 11 personnel alot and he faced very few loaded boxes as a result.

Jets are one of the strongest defense up the middle and Frank struggled against them last year so I didn't expect him to have a good game. As long as he gets 10+ carries a game consistently, he'll have a great game sooner than later and people will remember why he's an all-time great.

Side note: LeVeon Bell really impressed me. I think his efficiency stats are gonna look ugly this yr, but he had a few incredible runs in traffic, and he's such a smooth route runner, always seems to get open for a handful of yds at least.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
My man with 5+ yards a carry

6 for 30. Looks like they are using both backs, but Gore is gonna get a lot of snaps bc of his great blocking.
Sing did have a nice TD run too.
wrong thread

Go Frank Go!
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 15, 2019 at 2:33 PM ]
68 yards 1 TD not bad.
Feed Frank the rock and he'll still perform for you. Hall of Fame for this man, no question.
Share 49ersWebzone