There are 168 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I think they should cut McCoy because Wade and Singletary are very capable backs. Singletary was my highest rated RB in the class.

No way Wade makes the 53. We went through this with Hayne, who also looked incredible with the ball at times, but the reality is there's a huge learning curve for rugby players. You see that when Wade cut away from his blockers towards space instead of following them. Hard to break those instincts.

Singletary looks like a backup to me. Natural instincts and very slippery, but his lack of size/power and burst/athleticism shows up every touch. Against first stringers, I think his weaknesses are going to be obvious even to casual viewers.

Yeldon's the one guy I am surprised that people are writing off. Dude almost put up 1k scrimmage yds last year (more than Shady and Gore actually too) and yet he's being looked upon as a disposable 4th stringer. He's a proven quality backup and I think they are just force feeding Sing while the games still don't count.

I'm obviously biased, but I just don't see why the Bills would keep Shady when they can roll with Gore/Yeldon/Sing and save $6MM+ by getting rid of Shady.
[ Edited by znk916 on Aug 18, 2019 at 11:37 PM ]
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I think they should cut McCoy because Wade and Singletary are very capable backs. Singletary was my highest rated RB in the class.

No way Wade makes the 53. We went through this with Hayne, who also looked incredible with the ball at times, but the reality is there's a huge learning curve for rugby players. You see that when Wade cut away from his blockers towards space instead of following them. Hard to break those instincts.

Singletary looks like a backup to me. Natural instincts and very slippery, but his lack of size/power and burst/athleticism shows up every touch. Against first stringers, I think his weaknesses are going to be obvious even to casual viewers.

Yeldon's the one guy I am surprised that people are writing off. Dude almost put up 1k scrimmage yds last year (more than Shady and Gore actually too) and yet he's being looked upon as a disposable 4th stringer. He's a proven quality backup and I think they are just force feeding Sing while the games still don't count.

I'm obviously biased, but I just don't see why the Bills would keep Shady when they can roll with Gore/Yeldon/Sing and save $6MM+ by getting rid of Shady.

Well, I still hold the opinion that we gave up on Hayne too early. We haven't had a good return guy since he left and besides the fumble, I thought people underrated him on this board. But that's just me.

I agree Singletary needs to get stronger but if he does I think he will be a star. The guy has probably the best vision I've seen since Frank Gore.

Wade looks more like your prototypical 3rd down back and can play special teams. His upside is much higher than Yeldon but I agree Yeldon is a solid player.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Gore out there getting yards tonight.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
He'll get 600+ yards this year behind that o line. Easy
Surprise surprise, Frank outplayed Shady.

Seriously looks like he could play forever. He's just so good at picking up those tough yards inside where there's nothing to get, but he gets a couple yards anyways.
Originally posted by Jcool:

WORD
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

WORD

Truth
Originally posted by Jesusisreal:

WORD

Truth

An Inconvenient Truth
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Jesusisreal:

WORD

Truth

An Inconvenient Truth
My fav 49er running back!

• Chief
  • Veteran
Maybe the Colts can re-sign him and he can play QB.

Facts!! Also, something about her quirkiness on around the horn, Mina Kimes would get it
Can't find a newspaper source for this, but do you guys remember hearing back in the day that when Frank was a freshman before all the injuries, Larry Coker, his coach at UM who also coached Barry Sanders at OSU, said Frank was even more naturally talented than Barry?
Is Frank now the starter in Buffalo?
This guy is unbelievable.
Share 49ersWebzone