LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Bear Pascoe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lets wait to see if VD puts his money where his mouth is and performs this year
this is stupid, how can you make a statement off of practice?
Davis is extremely overpaid. Why would we Invest more money in Pascoe?

But I hear ya. If he does really good this year, we need to lock him up.

JQ
Originally posted by AC49er:
Lets wait to see if VD puts his money where his mouth is and performs this year

I hear this every single May...
Originally posted by Ninerfan1:
Wow the guy has one good weekend and your already wanting to throw VD under the bus?

Considering the turnover at offensive coordinator and the weak performance of the o-line, VD has done a pretty good job for us in his role as an offensive lineman which he pretty much had to stay back and block all the time.

Give VD more time.

Sounds like a lot of excuses. More time? How much?
Originally posted by teeohh:

lol......yeah does anyone remember T.Jacobs
They were in shorts for crying out loud. Lets see him in a real game against a NFL starting defense and see if his slow ass can get open. Pascoe so far seems like a solid prospect but saying he is more legitimate than VD is a little ridiculous.
Actually, it's Delanie Walker that is cause for concern for the Davis camp. I like Vernon, and I reckon he's got huge potential, but he better start showing up more than he has up 'til now. Walker makes all the catches that Vernon should, but doesn't, and until Vernon starts catching pretty much everything thrown in his direction he's going to suffer in comparison.

When it's time to negotiate a new contract, if he wants to play the free agent game instead he may end up like Boldin or Hill from Seattle. At this point Vernon is replaceable with a combination of Walker and Pascoe.

A great season might change that, but as it stands right now, I don't think Vernon is worth the big money...yet. It's time for him to change my mind. Just MHO.
  • ty4lyfe
  • Info N/A
Jimmy Raye knows how to coach TE's. I'm pretty sure he'll coach Davis up to be the pass catching threat we always wanted him to be. Plus he'll be utilized properly (like he was in 2006).
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
so a 6th round TE known for his blocking and lack of athleticism turns out to be a finer pass catcher than a top 10 drafted TE supposedly adept at pass catching and with elite physical tools.
and to think, coming out of college the only quetions for VD were regaring his blocking...he now excels at that, and its his catching thats suspect.

just goes to show how little you can know about a player based on college production and physical stats
or how little you can know based on a rookie mini camp

im not defending the topic or anything but v davis is very inconsistant he drops so many passes then he makes a nice over the shoulder one i think he should still be our 1 but he needs to work on his catching skills

When his rookie contract is up, his next contract will based on how he recently played. No more paying him on potential and i think VD is very aware of this. No team in the NFL is going to invest big money in him unless he steps it up his game as a pass catching TE.

I think VD biggest chance to prove himself is this year. Raye has shown to feature a TE in his previous offense and its now or never for VD.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by teeohh:

lol......yeah does anyone remember T.Jacobs

lol i had mentioned him in my post but then i changed it
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
When his rookie contract is up, his next contract will based on how he recently played. No more paying him on potential and i think VD is very aware of this. No team in the NFL is going to invest big money in him unless he steps it up his game as a pass catching TE.

I think VD biggest chance to prove himself is this year. Raye has shown to feature a TE in his previous offense and its now or never for VD.

is this his contract year?
I guess this shows how tired people are of waiting for Vernon but LOL are we talking about Bear mutha f**kin Pascoe. Whooooo???? The zone is crazy

The unknown commodity is always a fan favorite here in the zone but this takes it to a whole new level.
I'm so sick of all these STUPID threads.

How many ways can you bash someone? Maybe Smith is a bust, maybe Davis is a bust? So f**king what? The draft is a crap shoot.

I guess I'm just annoyed because unlike most on this site, I dont think you can make a strong case either way. Yet, day after day posters with nothing of substance to say or contribute keep rehashing the same old same old just to see how many responses they can get.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 4, 2009 at 7:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone