LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Bear Pascoe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by natrone06:
I guess this shows how tired people are of waiting for Vernon but LOL are we talking about Bear mutha f**kin Pascoe. Whooooo???? The zone is crazy

The unknown commodity is always a fan favorite here in the zone but this takes it to a whole new level.

Hope is like crack.
It's great that the beat writers like what little they have seen during a rookie mini camp with no pads. All I got from the article is Pascoe caught everything thrown his way and maybe some day he will be some form of insurance if something happens to Vernon Davis or he signs some where else. Let's sign him to the appropriate ammount of money for a sixth rounder and let him prove himself. You do have to love what ever competition this kid brings if any to the TE's position.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 7, 2009 at 4:19 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by AC49er:
Lets wait to see if VD puts his money where his mouth is and performs this year

I hear this every single May...

I found this funny video, I am sure webzone has seen it before:

Looks like Frank Gore has been on the webzone...
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 5, 2009 at 3:22 AM ]
We'll soon see if Fool's Gold begins to finally deliver in the pass reception department in 2008, but the Niners have to begin thinking down the road at TE.

Right now, Bear is slotted to be a blocking TE. If he can add anything more, it is gravy. The reports sound good, and a solid first impression usually shows that a guy will be able to play in the NFL, but let's wait for camp and games to begin before we go too far with Bear.
Anybody know what Davis's pass catching percentage is? And on average how many plays a game he is running a route and how many he is held back to block.

People can flame his pass catching all they want but it would be interesting to see how much time he spent at practice blocking vs pass catching. I'm pretty sure you'll see a very disportionate amount of time spent on the blocking then route running and pass catching.

One mini-camp and people think a sixth round blocking TE is the key to the future?
So... we should give Vernon more time but throw A. Smith under the bus? Maybe if our QBs had an outlet at TE they'd have better seasons (I still think Shaun should start from day 1). Still, VD is a great blocker and his catch against the Cards was something else. Sit him in front of a football throwing machine and he'll be a beast. I also liked how he came back and kept playing hard even after getting humiliated by Singletary. BUT, my patience with him is running out.
this is a joke right?
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
so a 6th round TE known for his blocking and lack of athleticism turns out to be a finer pass catcher than a top 10 drafted TE supposedly adept at pass catching and with elite physical tools.
and to think, coming out of college the only quetions for VD were regaring his blocking...he now excels at that, and its his catching thats suspect.

just goes to show how little you can know about a player based on college production and physical stats
or how little you can know based on a rookie mini camp

Agrree
  • blackdiamond
  • Info N/A
VD will be fine for us. Rasco (Pascoe) just got here let see if he can produce in a NFL game before we board his wagon.

Are we really talking about investing more money in a rook who hasn't put on pads yet? I HATE THE OFFSEASON
"We talkin bout Practice man, not a game but practice.. One practice, not a game but Practice, we talkin bout practice man we not even talkin abou the game. We talkin bout practice man, how silly is that, practice". quoting the great scholar Allen Iverson.

Seriously, Pascoe has had one weekend of minicamp Practice. I'm excited to see him play but let's see him in some games first before worry about this.
Originally posted by Niners6262:
"We talkin bout Practice man, not a game but practice.. One practice, not a game but Practice, we talkin bout practice man we not even talkin abou the game. We talkin bout practice man, how silly is that, practice". quoting the great scholar Allen Iverson.

Seriously, Pascoe has had one weekend of minicamp Practice. I'm excited to see him play but let's see him in some games first before worry about this.

Sounds like a deal. I'll def. pop this thread back up after Pascoe's first amazing catch of the preseason.
Pascoe was known as a rugged blocker at Fresno St...but, he was also a good receiver (check his stats). It would appear we got a guy who can do it all...which so far, neither Vernon nor Walker have done. It's early on...but, Bear won't be shy about making his presence felt. I think he's potentially a steal in the 6th rd.
  • supersing
  • Info N/A
practice? practice? are we talkin' about practice??? lol, i'm rooting for the bear but come on man!!! we're talkin' about practice!!!

vernon may never justify being taken 6th overall but i respect his effort and passion for the game.
Share 49ersWebzone