Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 503 users in the forums

NFL Breaking News Thread-2025-26 Edition

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

You can leave the 49ers, but the 49ers won't leave you...
  • exile
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 140
Sounds like they're cancelling the Pro Bowl. Whelp, there goes my reason for living...
Originally posted by exile:
Sounds like they're cancelling the Pro Bowl. Whelp, there goes my reason for living...

Looks like I attended one of the last Pro Bowls, RIP lol
Overdue really.
Originally posted by Montana:
Looks like I attended one of the last Pro Bowls, RIP lol
Overdue really.

Now we got the real culprit....
It was a relic of a pre-cable, pre-internet promotion of the sport. Back in 1975 you didn't get to see a lot of the league stars play in a given year if they were out of market, so you had the Pro Bowl. By even 1995 that was quaint, and by 2015 it was downright pointless. The hail mary to try and save it with the competitions the last few years was bound to fail.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 26, 2026 at 11:27 PM ]
Seattle just extended Leonard Williams
Originally posted by captveg:
It was a relic of a pre-cable, pre-internet promotion of the sport. Back in 1975 you didn't get to see a lot of the league stars play in a given year if they were out of market, so you had the Pro Bowl. By even 1995 that was quaint, and by 2015 it was downright pointless. The hail mary to try and save it with the competitions the last few years was bound to fail.

I think the free trip to Hawaii was enticing enough when guys were still making under 4-6M a year. Bigger salaries Plus a change in generations was enough to completely kill it.
I enjoyed it through the mid 2000s. I think it was 2012 that was the point of no return with the players goofing around. The ridiculous Oregon Nike jerseys and "captain" format was just p***ing on the grave.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by captveg:
It was a relic of a pre-cable, pre-internet promotion of the sport. Back in 1975 you didn't get to see a lot of the league stars play in a given year if they were out of market, so you had the Pro Bowl. By even 1995 that was quaint, and by 2015 it was downright pointless. The hail mary to try and save it with the competitions the last few years was bound to fail.

I think the free trip to Hawaii was enticing enough when guys were still making under 4-6M a year. Bigger salaries Plus a change in generations was enough to completely kill it.
I enjoyed it through the mid 2000s. I think it was 2012 that was the point of no return with the players goofing around. The ridiculous Oregon Nike jerseys and "captain" format was just p***ing on the grave.

It peaked in the 90s when guys still tackled seriously. It was quaint, but still served its purpose and was fun. I used to love the blue/white and red/white jerseys with everyone wearing their team's various helmets. Such a bizarre look, but really cool when Steve Young would complete a pass to Chris Carter, or hand off to Barry Sanders. That element I miss, but it was long gone before this year.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 28, 2026 at 5:10 AM ]
Rams trading for the reciever they let walk in the offseason is funny
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Rams trading for the reciever they let walk in the offseason is funny

It's week one Puka insurance in case he gets suspended
What's with all the chief players dressed out in full uniform, even if they're not playing. I know some teams do this in PS if only their jersey without the rest of it. The Niners give absolutely no effs about that, anyone not playing is just in street clothes. I guess everyone does whatever they want.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
What's with all the chief players dressed out in full uniform, even if they're not playing. I know some teams do this in PS if only their jersey without the rest of it. The Niners give absolutely no effs about that, anyone not playing is just in street clothes. I guess everyone does whatever they want.

Probably some "no one is above the team" b******t when clearly there are players above the team
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,298
Originally posted by Rockchalk_Seahawk:
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Rams trading for the reciever they let walk in the offseason is funny

It's week one Puka insurance in case he gets suspended

correct.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone