LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 174 users in the forums

LB Eric Kendricks drinks room temperature Blue Moon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Might be the best FA signing yet
Originally posted by 49ers808:

lol hes not better than Floyd.
Solid vet piece. Hope it's a reasonable contract.
Love this singing. Was waiting for the LB move. We are going need cover for Greenlaw and the position is way too important to trust a mid or late round rookie and we are not in position to burn an early pick on LB. Kenricks played 74% of defensive snaps for the Chargers last year. High character guy. Grew up in Fresno. Solid addition.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

lol hes not better than Floyd.

Didn't say he was; I'll wait to see the contract. I said might be the best signing.
Great signing to fill the #2 LB spot. Another veteran leader who fits our team character.
Originally posted by babarvaart:
Originally posted by UKNiner:
As this was about Eric Kendricks...

That's a decent pickup.

I've liked their pickups so far, not sure about Matos tbh but we shall see.

Agree, 'winning' the FA period rarely translates into the season anyway, we picked up some useful pieces.

True. I remember a lot of years between 04 - 09 when we supposedly won free agency a few times but it never translated to the field.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Really good signing.
Originally posted by Brucey72:
So is the rumor about the players hating Staley true?? 2 of his old players have signed

The rumor was he had two distinct groups. He supposedly treated them different. The two got must have been in the teachers pet group.
I'm only guessing but it appears that the Niners are trying to address the defensive needs as much as possible through free agency. That will allow them to concentrate on the O line, TE and WR positions if they want to . I expect that they will still pick an interior D lineman or CB if there's a good one available when they pick in the 1st or 2nd round.

Nice.

I wonder if the Eagles were trying to sign.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 13, 2024 at 8:47 AM ]
This may be one of the more important pickups this off season. With Greenlaw's injury the LB position is vulnerable. We don't know when he will be back and if he will still be as quick.
I asked for this move in the FA thread as soon as LA released him. Good to see JL get him. Another B Staley addition

He runs this b
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
San Francisco Chargers
Originally posted by Koldo:
San Francisco Chargers

Staley Niners
Share 49ersWebzone