There are 213 users in the forums

Best QB to never win a Super Bowl

Shop 49ers game tickets

Best QB to never win a Super Bowl

Originally posted by Bigfishrider:
Originally posted by philgardis49:
Alex Smith would've won that Super Bowl for us he was on a hot streak before he suffered the concussion and then Harbaugh wouldnt let him come back even though he was cleared. I still think that if Alex would have come back we would already have #6.

People say this a lot and I seriously disagree. It tends to be forgotten that the defense was awful during that playoff run. In every game, the team fell behind early and had to play catchup. Kaepernick and the offense catching lightning in a bottle is what made that run possible. Had Alex started those games, I don't think that team even reaches the SB.

Oh, and my answer to the thread question is pre-injury Bert Jones.

I agree. And it was Alex himself who made a boneheaded play to get hurt challenging Dunbar like that. He was a veteran at that point and needed to run that out of bounds.
Nick Mullens
I voted Marino, but was kind of a tough call. Jim Kelly making it 4 years in a row is pretty damn tough, and heart wrenching. And in the first loss, if that kick was moved over just a few inches, Kelly wouldn't even be on this list.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
All no ring team:

Marino
Barry Sanders
Randy Moss

HC Charles Barkley

The 49ers prevented both Marino and Moss from getting rings.
Share 49ersWebzone