LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

POLL Legit Win?? The Rams "win" was...

Shop 49ers game tickets

POLL Legit Win?? The Rams "win" was...

Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Read what devondre campbell things. the man plays football for a living lol.

That was pretty textbook play against a premier receiver in the league and they robbed the man. Scripted for a desired outcome. like watching a show

Or how about instead of a nefarious plot whereby a whole bunch of people are conspiring in evil fashion to "script" the outcome (with no evidence) how about they are human beings in a really big nervy moment and they effed up. How about that?

Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is often the best.
Hanlon's razor - never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity

I mean you're going up against two razors here Jubwub
About as legit as authentic Italian leather dress shoes on Amazon for $28 a pair.
Trump should call for an investigation…
Refs were shady at the end, but Bengals lost for the same reason we did….couldn't move the ball when it mattered
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TrojanPV:
Refs were shady at the end, but Bengals lost for the same reason we did….couldn't move the ball when it mattered

Correct on both counts
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Realize that on the 3rd and 8 you mention the entire Ram line other than the center committed about the most obvious false start I've ever seen in my life. I mean you could have flagged 4 guys. Called correct, the holding never happens due to dead ball foul. It would be 3rd and 13 and no idea what happens there but I bet some computer probability model would say odds are Bengals win the SB. 3rd and goal from the 13 is likely less than 50% event especially with that entire drive being labored. I mean they needed a 4th down conversion in their own territory earlier in the sequence and it took 15 plays to go 79 yards which is only about 5 per play.

Not sure what you are talking about. The NFL does have pro refs. Remember the replacement refs. These are the real ones. Also every sport has this phenomenon. In MLB each ump has their own strike zone. Some umps give stuff others don't. In soccer one ref may give a caution where another would give a yellow. One may give a yellow where another would give a red. So the idea of "letting em play" vs calling a tight game is as old as sport. Hard to do anything about that. I mean you can do a robot strike zone in MLB but I don't see anything like that for NFL. The worst is the inconsistency. They were letting em play for 58 minutes. Then flipped to calling it tight for the final critical moments, an inconsistency mentioned by Tony Dungy as "that was bad".

So true. Instant replay using challenges is my remedy for this. Each team can challenge certain calls in addition to their usual challenges, like the pass interference allowance a few years ago CAUSED by the Rams getting a free SB appearance due to possibly the worst call ever. (McVay scoring 3 points vs a not great Patriots D in the SB )

What do you know, it's the Rams again, and people want to justify it goes both ways Nope. The Rams got way more crucial calls/non calls.
[ Edited by elguapo on Feb 14, 2022 at 8:04 PM ]
Legit. Rams won, get over it. Bengals had plenty of opportunities they squandered. On to next year.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Legit. Rams won, get over it. Bengals had plenty of opportunities they squandered. On to next year.

This. If the Bengals had an avg pass blocking line they'd won.
Great game. Congratulations Rams
Who cares. The Rams franchise is irrelevant. Still 3 Super Bowls behind us and their best player and head coach are thinking about retiring. And one of their new toys just tore an ACL.

No cap room and no draft picks. Good for them they won because they won't be back any time soon.

It was rigged for the Rams, so they could show the winter olympics during the celebration ceremony. Bengals actually have fans, there would've been outrage had they won and cut them off.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Feb 15, 2022 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Realize that on the 3rd and 8 you mention the entire Ram line other than the center committed about the most obvious false start I've ever seen in my life. I mean you could have flagged 4 guys. Called correct, the holding never happens due to dead ball foul. It would be 3rd and 13 and no idea what happens there but I bet some computer probability model would say odds are Bengals win the SB. 3rd and goal from the 13 is likely less than 50% event especially with that entire drive being labored. I mean they needed a 4th down conversion in their own territory earlier in the sequence and it took 15 plays to go 79 yards which is only about 5 per play.

Not sure what you are talking about. The NFL does have pro refs. Remember the replacement refs. These are the real ones. Also every sport has this phenomenon. In MLB each ump has their own strike zone. Some umps give stuff others don't. In soccer one ref may give a caution where another would give a yellow. One may give a yellow where another would give a red. So the idea of "letting em play" vs calling a tight game is as old as sport. Hard to do anything about that. I mean you can do a robot strike zone in MLB but I don't see anything like that for NFL. The worst is the inconsistency. They were letting em play for 58 minutes. Then flipped to calling it tight for the final critical moments, an inconsistency mentioned by Tony Dungy as "that was bad".

So true. Instant replay using challenges is my remedy for this. Each team can challenge certain calls in addition to their usual challenges, like the pass interference allowance a few years ago CAUSED by the Rams getting a free SB appearance due to possibly the worst call ever. (McVay scoring 3 points vs a not great Patriots D in the SB )

What do you know, it's the Rams again, and people want to justify it goes both ways Nope. The Rams got way more crucial calls/non calls.

I don't like the challenge system as they tried that after Robey-Coleman and it went so poorly for a year they phased it out. I would have a sky judge "official" with access to broadcast video who could get in the earpiece of the head ref. They would have stopped that 3rd and 8 mid play and said we have a false start and officiated it correct with little to no delay. Modern tech makes this possible. They essentially already have this with each network having their "rules expert" typically a former ref like Pereira and they consult him and he gives an accurate ruling in real time based off video. Key is use it sparingly in key moments where an obvious official error occurred otherwise you bog down the game. Focus would be on fixing the most egregious indisputable official mistakes while maintaining pace of play.
They will start selling super bowl trophies on amazon, since the NFL is basically choosing who to hand them to.
Share 49ersWebzone