There are 158 users in the forums

POLL Legit Win?? The Rams "win" was...

Shop 49ers game tickets

POLL Legit Win?? The Rams "win" was...

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
They missed the call on Higgins. Plays on both sides. End of the day, we are watching wwf. I've been pretty sure of it after watching the niners kc superbowl. It's all scripted and Hollywood. Just look. They brought the Rock as an announcer.

It's not scripted. I mean do you have any evidence it is? I have strong evidence it isn't because the Bengals got away with one on their TD and the Rams were gifted their TD.

Turns out the refs are human beings and to err is human as they say. The refs had one of the worst performances in the history of the Super Bowl on both sides. Have to wonder who would have won a correctly officiated game? I have no idea.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
They missed the call on Higgins. Plays on both sides. End of the day, we are watching wwf. I've been pretty sure of it after watching the niners kc superbowl. It's all scripted and Hollywood. Just look. They brought the Rock as an announcer.

It's not scripted. I mean do you have any evidence it is? I have strong evidence it isn't because the Bengals got away with one on their TD and the Rams were gifted their TD.

Turns out the refs are human beings and to err is human as they say. The refs had one of the worst performances in the history of the Super Bowl on both sides. Have to wonder who would have won a correctly officiated game? I have no idea.

When will the nfl "script" the Niners to win the super bowl
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

When will the nfl "script" the Niners to win the super bowl

No script that narrative is misinformation and fake news. If there was a Rams "script" how do you explain Higgins committing and obvious face mask that turned Ramsey's head away from the ball and left him falling on his backside watching the play.
FIXED AF
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
FIXED AF

Both teams we're gifted a TD down though.. the Rams happened to make plays when the game was on the line.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
FIXED AF

Both teams we're gifted a TD down though.. the Rams happened to make plays when the game was on the line.

No they didn't I mean maybe their D did. Their O was yellow flagged into the endzone.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 14, 2022 at 11:00 AM ]
FIXED AF

No they didn't I mean maybe their D did. Their O was yellow flagged into the endzone.

The Bengals offense was gifted a TD too. That was clearly hands to the face on Ramsey.

I wouldn't say the Rams were gifted a TD. Even if you agree that the call on Wilson was ticky-tacky that was only 3rd down. No way of knowing what would happen on 4th down. It could have been a stop and the Bengals take over at the 8. The Rams defense was shutting them down at that point and might have gotten the ball back with a minute left. (they had all their timeouts) There's also the possibility that Stafford throws a TD pass on 4th down. Kupp was getting open fairly easily.
Read what devondre campbell things. the man plays football for a living lol.

That was pretty textbook play against a premier receiver in the league and they robbed the man. Scripted for a desired outcome. like watching a show
The win wasn't bogus but it wasnt on merit either
it was first a bengals collapse on offense as expected
They had one good drive to make it 13-10 and that was it !
their score to open the second half should have been nullified by a blatant Face mask
Then Zac Taylor made his best KS impression by not going for the jugular after the INT, also forgetting to play his star receiver for most of the second half and being cute on 2nd and one with 75 seconds to go… they could have scored a TD to win but he mismanaged many calls. Didnt put a bellichick by letting rams score on 1st and one although it wouldnt have changed anything it is still a mismanagement. Time was more precious than praying for a goal line stand. And so on…
Regarding Burrow he made his best JG impression by missing wide open receivers down the middle and staying in the pocket and taking sacks after sacks (not one throw to make an incomplete pass instead)
And the usual cherry on the cake : the refs… once again… they see plenty of fouls but dont throw any flags « let hem play » as they say… well let hem play for 58 minutes then throw a flag at anything you see… pathetic
All that and you just know we missed our 6th
even with JG we would have won that game
it makes it even more disappointing
[ Edited by 49Fever on Feb 14, 2022 at 1:53 PM ]

FIXED AF

The Bengals offense was gifted a TD too. That was clearly hands to the face on Ramsey.

Scroll up post #33
A terrible super bowl that had Tony Dungy and Mike Pereira logging into their twitters and not discussing the game but the refs. That's bad. Somewhere out there in an alternate reality there is a world where this game was officiated somewhat correct. I wonder who wins in that one?
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I wouldn't say the Rams were gifted a TD. Even if you agree that the call on Wilson was ticky-tacky that was only 3rd down. No way of knowing what would happen on 4th down. It could have been a stop and the Bengals take over at the 8. The Rams defense was shutting them down at that point and might have gotten the ball back with a minute left. (they had all their timeouts) There's also the possibility that Stafford throws a TD pass on 4th down. Kupp was getting open fairly easily.

Realize that on the 3rd and 8 you mention the entire Ram line other than the center committed about the most obvious false start I've ever seen in my life. I mean you could have flagged 4 guys. Called correct, the holding never happens due to dead ball foul. It would be 3rd and 13 and no idea what happens there but I bet some computer probability model would say odds are Bengals win the SB. 3rd and goal from the 13 is likely less than 50% event especially with that entire drive being labored. I mean they needed a 4th down conversion in their own territory earlier in the sequence and it took 15 plays to go 79 yards which is only about 5 per play.
  • exile
  • Veteran
The rules change dramatically in the playoffs. Collinsworth giggling as he says, "They're letting them play," just shows that the official policy is that the rules don't matter. It's a serious flaw in the NFL's model and turns the playoffs into a contest of who can get away with the most illegal stuff.

It's embarrassing the NFL doesn't have professional refs.

In the situation at the end of the game, the refs were going to be laser-focused on everything, so of course they got happy with the flags. If the Bengals had done what they needed to do to win (score one more time) they'd have won.
Originally posted by exile:
The rules change dramatically in the playoffs. Collinsworth giggling as he says, "They're letting them play," just shows that the official policy is that the rules don't matter. It's a serious flaw in the NFL's model and turns the playoffs into a contest of who can get away with the most illegal stuff.

It's embarrassing the NFL doesn't have professional refs.

In the situation at the end of the game, the refs were going to be laser-focused on everything, so of course they got happy with the flags. If the Bengals had done what they needed to do to win (score one more time) they'd have won.

Not sure what you are talking about. The NFL does have pro refs. Remember the replacement refs. These are the real ones. Also every sport has this phenomenon. In MLB each ump has their own strike zone. Some umps give stuff others don't. In soccer one ref may give a caution where another would give a yellow. One may give a yellow where another would give a red. So the idea of "letting em play" vs calling a tight game is as old as sport. Hard to do anything about that. I mean you can do a robot strike zone in MLB but I don't see anything like that for NFL. The worst is the inconsistency. They were letting em play for 58 minutes. Then flipped to calling it tight for the final critical moments, an inconsistency mentioned by Tony Dungy as "that was bad".
Share 49ersWebzone