LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

Jon Embree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
If he was getting Assistant HC money, then the request for pay cut makes since because he probably want doing anything in regards to making Kyle's job easier. So, they were probably like, since you are technically just doing TE coach tasks, we need to pay accordingly.

That's exactly what it was. People can't put two and two together and keep saying it's troubling that he was getting a 60% pay cut. Assistant head coaches probably make about 60% more than a TE coach. So if we're moving on at assistant HC, Embree was likely offered just his TE coach salary to return, and he declined. There's nothing to see here.
Originally posted by Niners99:
If he was getting Assistant HC money, then the request for pay cut makes since because he probably want doing anything in regards to making Kyle's job easier. So, they were probably like, since you are technically just doing TE coach tasks, we need to pay accordingly.

That's exactly what it was. People can't put two and two together and keep saying it's troubling that he was getting a 60% pay cut. Assistant head coaches probably make about 60% more than a TE coach. So if we're moving on at assistant HC, Embree was likely offered just his TE coach salary to return, and he declined. There's nothing to see here.
They didn't want him back.. pay was just a way of forcing him out
I give our front office the benefit of the doubt. To me it seems like they just wanted to promote McDaniels or Ryan to Assistant HC, and assume they have a budget for the coaching staff.

But yeesh… feels like poor timing, given that Flores' lawsuit is making news rounds at the moment. I wonder if this is something Lynch should comment on.
  • evil
  • Veteran
This thread needs more tin foil hats.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I give our front office the benefit of the doubt. To me it seems like they just wanted to promote McDaniels or Ryan to Assistant HC, and assume they have a budget for the coaching staff.

But yeesh… feels like poor timing, given that Flores' lawsuit is making news rounds at the moment. I wonder if this is something Lynch should comment on.

Do we need a specific public comment anytime a player is cut or offered a reduced salary? It's part of the business. If the 49ers valued him strongly, they'd pay him the same salary or more.

His contract was up and they seemed pretty meh about bringing him back. My guess is that they've got their eye on other TE coaches that are now available.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niners99:

They didn't want him back.. pay was just a way of forcing him out

His contract was up. They didn't have to force him out. They offered him his TE job sans assistant HC job and he declined.
So is anyone gonna call out Solomon Wilcots for pulling the race card on this?
Originally posted by miked1978:

Nope that's not how that works anymore unfortunately

Him and Grant Cohen are sleaze bags/hacks

also turns out Embree's contract was up to. Bad reporting and shame on Embree for being a disgruntled (ex) employee. Kyle even gave his kid a job and he's now with the Jets
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I caught myself wondering who the options might be to fill our now vacant TE coaching position, and after doing some research, I wouldn't be surprised if Brian Pariani gets the job in the end. He is a guy who has a lot of relevant history that would make him a great fit:

• He is a native San Franciscan (okay that's not football relevant, but you know he knows our history.
  • He got his start as a Niners scout in 1990
  • He was a Niners offensive assistant from 91-94
  • He followed Mike Shanahan to Denver in 95 and was there for 10 of Mike's 14 years.
  • After a year at Syracuse he joined Gary Kubiak when he got the job in Houston in 06 and was there for the entirety of Gary's tenure there, including overlapping with Kyle during his 4 years as a coach there.
  • After Gary was fired from Houston Brian followed him to Baltimore for a year, back to Denver for a couple (including the Super Bowl 50 team)
  • In 2019 he joined Gary in Minnesota where he has been since, he became available when Zimmer got the axe.
  • Over the years he's coached guys like Shannon Sharpe, Owen Daniels, Kyle Rudolph, and Tyler Conklin to good to grate seasons.

All together Brian spent 13 years coaching under Mike Shanahan,13 years coaching with Gary Kubiak, and 4 years of overlapping with our current HC. That's 30 years coaching offenses are basically earlier versions of what we run now. There is just too much experience in this system and too many connections not to hire the guy.

P.S. Sorry I know this post was kind of long, so if you took the time to read it I appreciate it and hope you enjoyed it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Pariani

Nice post Gore, great write up and this would be a great hire. Let the niners front office know please

Originally posted by elguapo:
I caught myself wondering who the options might be to fill our now vacant TE coaching position, and after doing some research, I wouldn't be surprised if Brian Pariani gets the job in the end. He is a guy who has a lot of relevant history that would make him a great fit:

• He is a native San Franciscan (okay that's not football relevant, but you know he knows our history.
  • He followed Mike Shanahan to Denver in 95 and was there for 10 of Mike's 14 years.
  • After a year at Syracuse he joined Gary Kubiak when he got the job in Houston in 06 and was there for the entirety of Gary's tenure there, including overlapping with Kyle during his 4 years as a coach there.
  • After Gary was fired from Houston Brian followed him to Baltimore for a year, back to Denver for a couple (including the Super Bowl 50 team)
  • In 2019 he joined Gary in Minnesota where he has been since, he became available when Zimmer got the axe.
  • Over the years he's coached guys like Shannon Sharpe, Owen Daniels, Kyle Rudolph, and Tyler Conklin to good to grate seasons.

All together Brian spent 13 years coaching under Mike Shanahan,13 years coaching with Gary Kubiak, and 4 years of overlapping with our current HC. That's 30 years coaching offenses are basically earlier versions of what we run now. There is just too much experience in this system and too many connections not to hire the guy.

P.S. Sorry I know this post was kind of long, so if you took the time to read it I appreciate it and hope you enjoyed it.

Nice post Gore, great write up and this would be a great hire. Let the niners front office know please

Nicely done Gore!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Nicely done Gore!

Yes, and thank you.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Nope that's not how that works anymore unfortunately

This
Wonder if he ends up in Miami? Doubt it, but you never know.
In Miami
Share 49ersWebzone