LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 162 users in the forums

Question About Saints' fans...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
But I've noticed that their fan base absolutely despises us. Anyone know why? Any piece of history I'm missing?

They had to watch us dominate the division they were in for a long time. Makes sense.

Also, the Saints fanbase has become a really whiney/"the refs continue to screw us" fanbase in recent years. I know they got screwed on that PI. But they have had the benefit of some atrocious calls too. Yet they constantly believe the refs are out to get them. Its irritating.

They even use Bountygate as a rallying cry for "they're all out to get us"

Absolutely pathetic team and fan base.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
f**k the aints

Liked Bobby Hebert though.

I liked the Dome Patrol.
Sean Payton stepping away as head coach
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Howlett49:

Lol sucks for them.

Going to Vegas?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Going to Vegas?

Sounds like he wants to do TV
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Going to Vegas?

Sounds like he wants to do TV
heard he has 3 years left on his contract.. so it's not an easy break from the Saints
He probably wants a year off and why not? I am sure the Saints will let him out of his cotract. It may be mutual. Sometimes you just need a change after a decade plus of same office. It may be a good move for the Saints to try some fresh blood and new QB.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Takes year off, Dallas will fire McCarthy next year and will trade picks to the Saints for the rights to Payton.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
f**k the aints

I liked the Dome Patrol.

and the original Aints.....

Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
I've always loved the Saints... big fan of the city, love the uniforms, respect the way they play... we have had three absolute battles in recent history that came down to the wire, just classic NFL games. I have no apathy towards the team, in fact, I root for them when not playing us obviously.

But I've noticed that their fan base absolutely despises us. Anyone know why? Any piece of history I'm missing?

We were division rivals for 30 years, or so, before the divisional realignment in 2002. It's tough for some folks to let go of the past.
Things can change quick, but how things look, and Packers franchise in limbo. Not much competition in the NFC. If Trey Lance and health ends up working out, we can run the NFC for several years to come
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jan 25, 2022 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erBrodie70:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
f**k the aints

I liked the Dome Patrol.

and the original Aints.....

At least you could go down to Bourbon Street and drink the pain away.
Saints are in bad cap hell next year . Not sure how much of the cap issue is reversible , but dick
move to sign Hill to that silly contract and leave .
Share 49ersWebzone