LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Jon Gruden - NFL lawsuit

Shop 49ers game tickets
The lawsuit is probably a way to get all the remaining money that was owed on his contract. He resigned which in theory could void the remainder of the contract but now he's claiming he was forced to resign which would be like getting fired. I think he probably was forced to resign so the Raiders or the league will owe him the balance of the contract.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Doubt he would win. But I agree this gets settled.

Can we hire him?

Rather have the garbage we have now.

LOL... at least someones besides me know that KS is garbage.. lol

Originally posted by grapesofrathman:
As an aside (and it should NOT even be an aside considering how this even all came about), why is it so hard to nail Daniel Snyder?

He's ultra wealthy and well connected which is why the only guy to go down in this "investigation" of Washington is someone that never even worked for him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
As an aside (and it should NOT even be an aside considering how this even all came about), why is it so hard to nail Daniel Snyder?

He's ultra wealthy and well connected which is why the only guy to go down in this "investigation" of Washington is someone that never even worked for him.

NFL seems scared of him. Not sure why.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

NFL seems scared of him. Not sure why.

I'm sure he's got A LOT of dirt on that League. They don't want airing that dirty laundry.
[ Edited by DaBeegDeek on Nov 13, 2021 at 11:46 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:

The fact the NFL did not release any other emails would seem to leave the league vulnerable to Gruden's charge of a witch hunt, not that his speech was no reprehensible in itself.

Was the source ever named? If so I didn't realize.

No source, only "leaked" to the press. Still, the NFL controlled the information thus was responsible for it getting out. Gruden will get paid.

The fact the NFL did not release any other emails would seem to leave the league vulnerable to Gruden's charge of a witch hunt, not that his speech was no reprehensible in itself.

No source, only "leaked" to the press. Still, the NFL controlled the information thus was responsible for it getting out. Gruden will get paid.

Yep

I agree. As a settlement.

Because Gruden's lawsuit specifically targets the NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell. Not the owners. It's believed that Goodell ordered or orchestrated the release of the Jon Gruden emails to destroy him and drive him out of the NFL. That was accomplished.

However, the Commissioner's job relies upon NFL owners. Snyder is one of them. Goodell has already made enemies with some owners, like Jerry Jones, who wanted him gone years ago. Goodell's job would be terminated immediately if he dared leak a single word of a single email from Dan Snyder or any other team owner. He knows that.

Time will tell whether Goodell gets the comeuppance that so many think he deserves. He is walking a political tightrope over a bed of flaming coals. One wrong step could mean the end of his career.

That's why Dan Snyder won't be nailed. For anything.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Because Gruden's lawsuit specifically targets the NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell. Not the owners. It's believed that Goodell ordered or orchestrated the release of the Jon Gruden emails to destroy him and drive him out of the NFL. That was accomplished.

However, the Commissioner's job relies upon NFL owners. Snyder is one of them. Goodell has already made enemies with some owners, like Jerry Jones, who wanted him gone years ago. Goodell's job would be terminated immediately if he dared leak a single word of a single email from Dan Snyder or any other team owner. He knows that.

Time will tell whether Goodell gets the comeuppance that so many think he deserves. He is walking a political tightrope over a bed of flaming coals. One wrong step could mean the end of his career.

That's why Dan Snyder won't be nailed. For anything.

Goodell NEEDS to be gone. He is sooo bad for the league

Rams could hire Gruden since he was sorta McVay's mentor.

Yep. The point isn't to win.

Now that the NFL has made clear they don't want the 650k other emails out, you file a lawsuit that if tried would make those emails come out through discovery.

So, as a settlement you get to see how much the NFL is willing to pay to keep the rest of those emails out of the public record.
Originally posted by NinerJeff:

Not for the only thing the owners care about: $$$$
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by NinerJeff:

Not for the only thing the owners care about: $$$$

Goodell sucks. Explain why we have 9 road games this year and 8 home games. Thank you Goodell.

Explain why ties exist. They are stupid as all hell. This isn't soccer. College figured out how to do away with ties. The NFL can't? Thank you Goodell.
I hope he wins.
Share 49ersWebzone