There are 205 users in the forums

Head coaching candidates 2022

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Uhm....that job is already filled.

Oh yeah, my short term memory is failing me again. Lincoln Kennedy, right?

What is, two presidents who were assassinated?
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Who will be attractive candidates this coming offseason? I don't see many teams likely to get rid of their coach, except maybe the bears texans and giants. I think Joe Brady will be strongly pursued. He did wonders with Bridgwater and he's performing a Jesus like miracle with darnold. Who else?

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Who will be attractive candidates this coming offseason? I don't see many teams likely to get rid of their coach, except maybe the bears texans and giants. I think Joe Brady will be strongly pursued. He did wonders with Bridgwater and he's performing a Jesus like miracle with darnold. Who else?

Move kinda don't make sense to me. Like it's his fault they gave him Sam Darnold and Cam Newton while his star RB is constantly on ir. Lol. I don't think Brady is a bad OC.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
There's a rumor of Trace Armstrong coming back to Chicago in the front office and he'd target Ryan Day for HC.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BMoore56:

Move kinda don't make sense to me. Like it's his fault they gave him Sam Darnold and Cam Newton while his star RB is constantly on ir. Lol. I don't think Brady is a bad OC.

Matt Rhule is definitely next. I'd say by next off season. That dude sucks.

In reality, I think he was the scapegoat for rhule. Apparently nfl teams have already contacted him
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
There's going to be a ton of openings this year: LV, JAX, CHI, MIN, HOU, DEN, CAR, NYG, and SEA positions could all be open this year.
Urban Meyer gotta say he's giving everyone a master class. Sign fat NFL deal. Put on red nose and clown wig. Get fired aka full contract payout. Repeat process with college of your choice.
Originally posted by GEEK:
There's going to be a ton of openings this year: LV, JAX, CHI, MIN, HOU, DEN, CAR, NYG, and SEA positions could all be open this year.
jax after a year? no.
Minnesota depends on whether they reach the playoffs.
Houston? after a year without a real quarterback?
Denver is not that bad? If they had a real quarterback, they would be better.
Seattle? why so?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Urban Meyer gotta say he's giving everyone a master class. Sign fat NFL deal. Put on red nose and clown wig. Get fired aka full contract payout. Repeat process with college of your choice.
too young for Nick Saban ?

• FL9er
  • Veteran
It's criminal that the Raiders haven't started their HC search yet. Davis thinks LAR has a shot at the playoffs, so he's holding off until after the season.
Originally posted by FL9er:
It's criminal that the Raiders haven't started their HC search yet. Davis thinks LAR has a shot at the playoffs, so he's holding off until after the season.
I doubt he has even thought about that yet

I wouldn't include DEN there. They are doing wonders with a mediocre squad, even with a chance to get into the playoffs
Originally posted by FL9er:

Probably waiting for all this to blow over so he can hire Jon Gruden for 10 years 100 mil again.
Originally posted by communist:
jax after a year? no.
Minnesota depends on whether they reach the playoffs.
Houston? after a year without a real quarterback?
Denver is not that bad? If they had a real quarterback, they would be better.
Seattle? why so?

I say this as an Ohio State fan but no real ties to Meyer who I think is showing himself to be a sketchy human being... some probably would have said that before....

After one year, no normally he wouldn't be fired. But if these reports are true and the players don't like him and he can't fix that, then absolutely they would fire him.
Vikings who knows. They're basically stuck in neutral.
Agree Houston's coach doesn't deserve to be fired yet.
Denver, again agree. Although Fangio probably is one of the many coaches where you're not mad at him but you believe you can probably do better too.
I will say with Seattle, Carroll is just going to go sometime soon. May not be after this year but he's 70 and if I'm him I'm not really seeing a path back to the top of the division anytime that soon either. Don't know if they would just fire him but I can't imagine he's there much longer at all.
Share 49ersWebzone