LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 367 users in the forums

Head coaching candidates 2022

Shop 49ers game tickets
Who will be attractive candidates this coming offseason? I don't see many teams likely to get rid of their coach, except maybe the bears texans and giants. I think Joe Brady will be strongly pursued. He did wonders with Bridgwater and he's performing a Jesus like miracle with darnold. Who else?
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Oct 2, 2021 at 8:12 PM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Who will be attractive candidates this coming offseason? I don't see many teams likely to get rid of their coach, except maybe the bears texans and giants. I think Joe Brady will be strongly pursued. He did wonders with Bridgwater and he's performing a Jesus like miracle with darnold. Who else?

Kellen Moore
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Kellen Moore

Yes, but his face is punchable.

Kellen Moore

That's why he's a slam dunk candidate. Pete Carroll, Jon Gruden, Sean Payton and Urban Meyer all have exceptionally punchability of the face

Kellen Moore

That's why he's a slam dunk candidate. Pete Carroll, Jon Gruden, Sean Payton and Urban Meyer all have exceptionally punchability of the face

If he did wonders with Bridgewater, why did they so carelessly discard him after 1 year lol
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Anyone associated with McVay/Shanahan.

Bills OC
Colts DC
Panthers OC/DC
Originally posted by FL9er:
Anyone associated with McVay/Shanahan.

Bills OC
Colts DC
Panthers OC/DC

no more chances for ole Greg Roman? lol
Carson Palmer just dropped a bomb that Mike Tomlin is considering the USC job.

Not a bad idea...get out before the lack of a franchise QB craters the team and your reputation as HC

Use your coaching resume to grab a nice college job and set up for the long term

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Not a bad idea...get out before the lack of a franchise QB craters the team and your reputation as HC

Use your coaching resume to grab a nice college job and set up for the long term

Yeah. It was on Dan Patrick and once Carson Palmer who is on the inside with USC said Mike Tomlin. Dan Patrick was like "wait what!?!?" And Carson's response was like "oh you haven't heard that? Ohhh s**t" so I'm thinking it's very possible.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Alright alright... since everyone's PMing me left and right about being right all along w/KYLE not being a quality HC and is nothing but a GOOD OC... now I have to go public and tell you guys who I think will be a GREAT HC here that can compete w/the NEW WAVE of coaches around the league...

Since Cris Petersen is retired, I won't include his name here..

But below would be my coaching team for next year...

HC - PJ Fleck;
DC - Mike Zimmer or Brian Flores (whichever one is available)
Daboll is the only really intriguing candidate because of the work he's done with Josh Allen. Pipe dream though because Shanahan isn't going anywhere.
Can't believe I'm here to read this and take it seriously. Just a few months ago I was 100% in on Shanny. Now I am concerned but not completely given up.

He might be too smart for his own good to lead and develop a football team. In the early years, it seemed like his intellect led to a bad team buying into the process. Now he has tough decisions to make and grown men are going to hold him accountable. We shall see if the locker room is lost or if they ride together.

Regardless, if this season ends poorly, I believe he sticks around one more year but changes will be made to the structure. That might include reducing his influence in personnel decisions (draft and free agency). I'd be okay if they came out and said they messed up on the Buckner decision, but they won't take that public scrutiny.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Eagles might be in the market. Nick Siriani very well could be one and done in Philly.
Share 49ersWebzone