LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 157 users in the forums

Arden Key, DL

Shop 49ers game tickets
LOL Key is training at the same place as Solly. Key looks lean, which I think is good. He was a better pass rusher when he played around 230-240 lbs. His game revolves around the speed rush, but when he was bulked up, he lost his first step and ability to close. If the 49ers see him as a situational pass rusher, being that light shouldn't be an issue.

Originally posted by Heroism:
LOL Key is training at the same place as Solly. Key looks lean, which I think is good. He was a better pass rusher when he played around 230-240 lbs. His game revolves around the speed rush, but when he was bulked up, he lost his first step and ability to close. If the 49ers see him as a situational pass rusher, being that light shouldn't be an issue.

At least he looks faster than Solomon.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

At least he looks faster than Solomon.

Man, what a huge bust solly was smh
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I like this analysis!

Hopefully it works out.

With Kocureck, 100%
  • Mr711
Will get cut is my prediction

It's kinda crazy how those guys are out there training and our boy Bosa is just doing recovery and burying his bone in his girl and will be 100,000,000,000 times better than those guys next year.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Swapped Thomas for Key. He's definitely an upgrade at edge.

Is he though?

1 sack = upgrade

Same sack numbers since Key was drafted. Thomas had 3 as a rookie.

Key: 3 career sacks
Thomas: 6 career sacks
I'm surprised at this. If he was good why would the Raiders release him? I saw great potential when I watched him as a rookie, but there was a huge issue with consistency.

I'm fine with taking a swing, but this had better not stop us from drafting an edge on Day 2.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I'm surprised at this. If he was good why would the Raiders release him? I saw great potential when I watched him as a rookie, but there was a huge issue with consistency.

I'm fine with taking a swing, but this had better not stop us from drafting an edge on Day 2.

Raiders cleaned house this off-season. Total speculation on my part but I think there was locker room problems and Gruden just wasnt gonna deal with it.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Raiders cleaned house this off-season. Total speculation on my part but I think there was locker room problems and Gruden just wasnt gonna deal with it.

How anyone still thinks gruden is a good coach at this point I just cannot fathom lol

Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

How anyone still thinks gruden is a good coach at this point I just cannot fathom lol
Bite your tongue! He may be the next 49ers head coach if Shanny and Lynch screw up the #3 pick!
Just the fact that he smacked down Russell Wilson and Matt Stafford I'm good with him on board.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Good point!

Corner and guard have to take priority. Still could go edge but I'd honestly prefer two OL and a corner.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Good point!

Corner and guard have to take priority. Still could go edge but I'd honestly prefer two OL and a corner.

I agree

Offensive line and defensive backs have to be addressed rather early
Share 49ersWebzone